Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support and Educate Together Forum

Options
  • 08-02-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We are trying to revive a forum request for an Educate Together Forum within the EDU category over here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055161973

Currently Educate together conversations occur in both Primary & Pre-School Forum and here in A&A.

Educate Together is now a second level patron and as such no longer fits into Primary & Pre-School Forum.

Whilst A&A is a natural place for discussion on religion/ethos and lackof, it is not the most appropriate place for ET discussion as is it a multi-denominational school network and should have its own place for discussion where parents that are not A&A inclined should be free to converse.

Your +1 in a new post would be welcome if you support such a forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055161973

But if you do support the forum and its get created please stick around :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What about multi-denom Gaelscoils then, should they get their own forum too?As mod of a not too busy primary ed forum, I don't see the need for either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's no obligation to +1. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

What about multi-denom Gaelscoils then, should they get their own forum too?As mod of a not too busy primary ed forum, I don't see the need for either.

I do take your point about traffic in the primary ed forum but ET discussion turns up quite a lot here. More in relation to alternatives available and information for parents.
    It is an obvious choice for parents of a secular persuasion in a country where non-denominational school places do not exist.

On your other point - MD gaelscoils are not generating discussion.
    ET and changing school patronage are.

ET is only going to get bigger.
    Lets the admins decide if there should be a more generic multi-denominational schools forum rather than ET.
    I wouldn't mind either way :)

Advertisement