Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique Irish Hip Hop Music Video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Unfunny, insulting to hip hop, please leave LOTU's beats alone, sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 YesBeware420

A little bitter about something mate? Its a silly video I made of my friend when we were stoned, surely there's no harm in a bit of banter. I'm not the guy in the video and will not be passing your snotty comment on because I think its funny. You sir are a buzz kill! Cheers for the view though, tell your mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JamBur

not great tbh

Your dead right, Its not supposed to be. Its a piss take.

Well your mates not funny then, sorry.

• Advertisement

I respectfully disagree.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you are releasing music or video's in the public domain, you need to be ready for criticism. Not to dismiss or disagree as you are OP.

Ah yeah I agree but your man in the first comment comes across like an ignorant twat and frankly I was in the mood to argue with a twat so I did :)

Ignorant twat? You posted that muck on a hip hop forum, i gave you a response. A little bitter about something mate?

Im just bitter that your bitter, anger is contagious bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Any bloke that puts up a video him and his mate made when they were stoned out if their heads for the laugh, then starts cryin when people think it's fùckin stupid (which it is) can not afford to call anybody a twat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah yeah I agree but your man in the first comment comes across like an ignorant twat and frankly I was in the mood to argue with a twat so I did :)

Warning has been issued for abuse of another member.

Have a discussion, but do not abuse your fellow users. Read the forum rules and Charter.

Cryin? Far from it, its got over 800 views and its stupid.. Im ****in laughin. I can afford to call that guy a twat, because he initiated the negativity therefore I'm entitled to a response. I didnt get defensive and 'cry' as it were, I merely responded with my opinion and told him his comment was snotty and he was a buzzkill. He's entitled to say what he thinks, as are you but being cheeky and twat-ish deserves a twat-like reply.

Boom_Bap , you really reported my comment? :( .. Isnt having beef is what hip hip is all about? This is fun, don't take this away from the users. They deserve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Gave it 15 Seconds, Where do i claim my 15 seconds back OP ?

Cryin? Far from it, its got over 800 views and its stupid.. Im ****in laughin. I can afford to call that guy a twat, because he initiated the negativity therefore I'm entitled to a response. I didnt get defensive and 'cry' as it were, I merely responded with my opinion and told him his comment was snotty and he was a buzzkill. He's entitled to say what he thinks, as are you but being cheeky and twat-ish deserves a twat-like reply.
    Boom_Bap , you really reported my comment? :( .. Isnt having beef is what hip hip is all about? This is fun, don't take this away from the users. They deserve this.

This is a discussion forum for the discussion of all things hip hop, not a place to come to receive or give abuse to other posters. So you cannot afford to call anyone anything or i will permanently ban you from the forum.
    You are certainly entitled to a responce by discussing the topic, but not getting personal with the person you are discussing with, i.e. name calling.

Fair enough if i came across like a twat, i dunno, but what do you expect coming on to a hip hop forum taking this piss out of it. Just didn't think your video was funny and seems you're on here mocking hip hop, trying to get a response.

Look, why are you taking it so seriously? Everyone needs to simmer down, the video deserves to be up here, its not 'mocking' hip hop in any way. Plenty of hip hop artists use humour in their lyrics and videos, fair enough that its a bit of a piss take and clearly not up to standard with the artists who do take themselves seriously when they post their music on here. How I see it, its different, not everything up here should be about skangers raving and ranting about how they've grown up in disadvantaged areas so to deny someone the opportunity to do something different and have a laugh is more mocking to hip hop when you completely dismiss and show ignorance to someone taking a different approach to the genre. This guy is not a rapper, nor was he even aware that the video was being made public because it was a college project so people gotta stop hating on Dennis and criticize without ignorance.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This is a discussion forum for the discussion of all things hip hop, not a place to come to receive or give abuse to other posters. So you cannot afford to call anyone anything or i will permanently ban you from the forum.
    You are certainly entitled to a responce by discussing the topic, but not getting personal with the person you are discussing with, i.e. name calling.

Fair enough, although I wasn't aware that calling someone a twat was abuse. I'm sure there has been a lot worse on this forum but because people don't like the video they are being extreme and dramatic about reporting it. The censorship here is very tight for a very outspoken genre of music. Having said that, ill remain respectful and reply with greater caution next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fair enough, although I wasn't aware that calling someone a twat was abuse. I'm sure there has been a lot worse on this forum but because people don't like the video they are being extreme and dramatic about reporting it. The censorship here is very tight for a very outspoken genre of music. Having said that, ill remain respectful and reply with greater caution next time.
    It's not just the hip hop forum man, abuse isn't allowed in any area of boards, and how isn't calling somebody a twat abuse? It's not exactly a compliment now

• Advertisement

Well to me its not abusive. People from this board are commenting on the video with much worse insults than 'twat'.. uncalled for.

Thread Closed at OP's request.

As Paddy says, abuse is not allowed anywhere on the site and is against the forum rules which you agreed to when registering for boards.ie.

A final point to note, we do not regulate the comments on youtube. I understand they have their own process to report and manage abuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement