Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped out in October, being hassled for registration fees

Options
  • 08-02-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Well, Basically I dropped out in October and had paid half of the years registration fees, now they're looking for the other half and dancing around the fact that i've dropped out with " oh we'll check the records we're not sure" etc, i'm surely not liable to pay the second half of the fee am I ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

there is a difference between dropping out and withdrawing. If you have properly withdrawn as per your colleges rules then I would not think you would have to pay the second half of your fees but check your colleges rules. Remember it is up to you to formally withdrawn and it is for your benefit ....especially if you intend to return to full time education

Hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Yeah I fully withdrew as per the college rules so hopefully i'm not going to get charged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Go to the admissions office and ask for a letter stating when you withdrew from the course. Present this at the finance office and I can't see how they could continue to pursue you. You're better off doing something about this yourself than just waiting it out for them to realise they are charging you in error.

Advertisement