Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback wanted

Options
  • 08-02-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I've been toying with the idea of doing a poster series for a while now, and I finally kicked myself up the arse and began to design some.

At first I'm creating posters based on memorable quotes from my favourite TV shows. I'd really appreciate if I could get some feedback on the designs/ideas please. Mainly so I can improve the future additions to the series.

http://www.behance.net/collection/TV-Posters/7796859

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I've been toying with the idea of doing a poster series for a while now, and I finally kicked myself up the arse and began to design some.

At first I'm creating posters based on memorable quotes from my favourite TV shows. I'd really appreciate if I could get some feedback on the designs/ideas please. Mainly so I can improve the future additions to the series.

http://www.behance.net/collection/TV-Posters/7796859

Love the IT Crowd and Peep Show ones. I'd definitely buy the Peep Show one if it were screen printed. How about a Boosh one next?

"Goth Juice... The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith."

Love to see a Hans from Peep Show one too. Possibly - "You passed out after the love beans. I thought the table was being ironic."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Thanks billyduk, appreciate the kind words.

Mighty Boosh poster is definitely in the pipeline. It's one of my favourites. Same with SuperHans, but I'm trying to get a collection of different shows done before I double up on any.

The idea is to eventually sell them as printed pieces but I wanted to gauge people's reactions/opinions to them. I know they're subjective depending on what shows people do/don't like, so it's hard to get an overall consensus as to whether there'd be any demand for them.

Again, thanks.

No worries. A little constructive crit though. The Fr. Ted one looks a little like a bus poster ad. The F**** ' Ell is kind of lost in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I like them the minimalistic approach works with them! the father ted one doesn't work though, the more famous ted quote would be careful now and then down with that sort of thing somewhere else on the page.

Just following this up. I've started selling these prints on Etsy but so far, despite a lot of 'favourites', 'adding to lists' etc, there's a failure to low ratio of people actually buying.

I know it could be a matter of the designs not actually being to people's taste and that's fully understandable, but when I've spoken to other Etsy sellers, the majority are getting a similar experience.

Can anyone recommend somewhere else that might be more suitable for selling digital prints? Etsy is perhaps too arts/craft focussed.

www.etsy.com/shop/KelvinFarrellDesign

• Advertisement

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere else that might be more suitable for selling digital prints? Etsy is perhaps too arts/craft focussed.

Try Society6. Its solely for prints... http://society6.com/

billyduk wrote: »
    Try Society6. Its solely for prints... http://society6.com/

Cheers for the recommendation. Just through a few up on S6. Strange the way it works.

Advertisement