Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P7 lecturer

Options
  • 08-02-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

CAn anyone recommend a good one. I'm not a fan of Dave O'Donoghue nor of Cormac Kavanagh so that rules independent colleges and DBS out..... is there anyone else worth going to or am I going to be stuck with one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Robin132 wrote: »
    CAn anyone recommend a good one. I'm not a fan of Dave O'Donoghue nor of Cormac Kavanagh so that rules independent colleges and DBS out..... is there anyone else worth going to or am I going to be stuck with one of these?

I didn't like Cormac Kavanagh either. Took two of his classes and they are absolute bores!! What's Dave O'Donoghue like?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

JaneeMack wrote: »
    I didn't like Cormac Kavanagh either. Took two of his classes and they are absolute bores!! What's Dave O'Donoghue like?
    In fairnesss Dave tries to make his classes interesting but I found he got confused and side tracked easily! He was telling us the completely information at one point in a lecture because he had confused himself! But other people think he is great.... I just realised that Shaun Browne still lectures in Ireland, I thought he had gone with BPP so I think I will sign up with him for P7!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Robin132 wrote: »
    In fairnesss Dave tries to make his classes interesting but I found he got confused and side tracked easily! He was telling us the completely information at one point in a lecture because he had confused himself! But other people think he is great.... I just realised that Shaun Browne still lectures in Ireland, I thought he had gone with BPP so I think I will sign up with him for P7!

Best of luck with it! Don't think I will sit P7, am thinking more of P5 and P6 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

Where does Shaun Browne lecture these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Where does Shaun Browne lecture these days?
    City colleges. I think it is some of the BPP lecturers who have opened another college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

As of last Friday I am finally an affiliate & I studied with all 3 mentioned lecturers to get this far.

I studied for the Dec 2012 exam in Shaun's final class with BPP. It was my second attempt at P7 and he made the topic a little more interesting by some of his "borderline" anecdotes. He focused on technique, approach & time mgmt which are key to passing P7.

Studied with Cormac Kavanagh for F8 & P1, scored high passes on both & I didn't mind his lectures but its all down to personal preference.

With regards Dave O' Donoghue, while I found him very Knowledgeable on the subject some of his lectures lacked focus sometimes due to him getting easily distracted. To be clear though, its not his fault I missed out on P7 first time, its my own, I just didn't work hard enough:mad:

Hope this helps you in your choice but if you were to ask me straight out to pick one then I think Shaun Browne would be your best option for P7

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pokkadotqueen

Has anyone done P7 with Shaun Browne - I would like a copy of his revision notes if possible? I am in Galway so cannot go to his lectures in Dublin.

Advertisement