Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo - anyone with an only child?

Options
  • 08-02-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Sligo - anyone with an only child?

Hi, I have a six year old boy, very sociable and loves the company of other children. I am not from Sligo and do not have any family here and no kids living nearby. I would love to arrange playdates for after school and especially weekends. He is a great little boy and gets on very well with both boys and girls and is good with kids of all ages. Would be great if anyone in similiar situation - would love to build his self confidence and see him have more fun. I am a lone parent so anyone is similiar situation could also benefit with babysitting swaps...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

Take him into Funny Bones

http://www.funnybones.ie/

We have our kids xmas party there and they love it mixing with all the other children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The Model sometimes have screenings and events for children on that might be fun for him at weekends.

http://themodel.ie/education/family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

You could go to local parent toddler groups. I have made lots of friends from them. Check your local family resource centre for these groups. I'm in ballymote and there's so much happening here or kids. Also if your breastfeeding there is le leche meetings in Sligo frc every 2nd Monday of the month :)
    The model does an art class for toddlers term is finished now but should be starting again soon.
    There is 'music together' class in strandhill which is excellent again term is finished but starting again soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Sorry just seen you said he was 6 so probably not still being breastfed...lol :)

Advertisement