Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses in Sligo for sale in next Allsop auction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

I did a valuation on the one in Cranmore when it was initially taken back by the bank a couple of years ago and I'm really not surprised it's got a reserve that low now. And the ones in Springvale, well what can you say? I know a few people that paid €180,000 for them but
    they're a prime example of the kind of properties Sligo is flooded with - properties that no one wants to live in. I feel very sorry for the people who are stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

SligoLady wrote: »
    And the ones in Springvale, well what can you say? I know a few people that paid €180,000 for them but
    they're a prime example of the kind of properties Sligo is flooded with - properties that no one wants to live in. I feel very sorry for the people who are stuck with them.
    Is there something wrong with them structurally or just a bad area or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I wouldn't call Tubbercurry a "bad area".

I don't think there's anything wrong with them, but of course caveat emptor, and of course a survey would be required.

Just a sign of supply and demand, and perhaps a receiver sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

It's just that supply hugely exceeds demand in some areas. There were far too many estates built during the boom in country towns like Tubbercurry, Ballymote, Coolaney etc..

Advertisement