Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby hamper gift

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of advice really. My friend is due in June and have been picking up bits for her, all practical, and putting them in a hamper. The top list is what I have already picked up, and the bottom what I plan to get. as I said I'm looking for deals every week and picking up 1/2 things a week, she's not flushed with cash and neither am I but think this is a better gift....
    Has anyone any suggestions or ideas of what I could add....

Thanks in advance xx

Cotton buds.
    Baby wipes x2.
    Baby oil
    Talc powder
    Nappy rash.
    Baby shampoo.
    Weaning spoons

Baby gros
    Mitts
    Socks
    hats
    Body cream bio oil
    Baby Sponge
    €25 Penneys
    €25 Supervalu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I made one of these for my sister in law and it went down a treat :D I knew that she would get loads of vouchers/clothes etc so I concentrated on really practical things that she would need down the line such as teething gel, otrivine, baby nail clippers, little bits and pieces like that. I also picked up a load of baby stuff in my local Deals shop, 1.49 for disney soothers etc you couldnt go wrong. Baby vests that button down the side are a lot handier than the ones that button down the back :) I threw in a few bits and pieces for the new mum aswell- nipple cream, dry shampoo, loads of choccy and a nice little spa bath set from Boots. I didn't use a basket, I found a lovely blue cushion and arranged it all on top and wrapped it tight, I'll post a pic if I can find it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Some good ideas there, thanks a mill xx I'm going to put in a few bags of haribo jellys she's mad about them...

Someone said the Tesco baby gros are the best they don't loose shape or colour....

I've another 20 odd weeks to fill it up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Along with the above, how about something personal also for your friend like cosmetics, music, movie. Just as a filler, but just for her that she would enjoy in the background or use when she wants to / has time to pamper herself too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Some good suggestions already. Here are some more unusual suggestions some of which I bought for my SIL (and myself). You could Google them if you don't know what they are.;)

Sophie the Giraffe (teething toy)
    Bandana Bibs (Smyths Toystore have lovely ones although I suppose there are very few neutral colours)
    Robeez shoes
    Munchkin Snack Trap
    Burt's Bees baby toiletries (available in health shops and some pharmacies)
    Baby Banz (if you think there might be a holiday on the cards)
    Clever Mama Soother Steriliser
    Babypotz
    H&M long sleeved vests

I used a wooden toy chest I bought in Argos so she could use that for the baby's room for storage.:D

Thanks everyone .... Some good suggestions there.... I bought a big wicker basket in Heatons, it's in the shape of a chest that locks and it came with a bow you can put on yourself.... A bargain at 15 if I do say so....

Might get a few things with maybe Daddy's little guy or mummy's little prince too? (Obviously she's having a boy)

Will definitely get a teething ring...

I don't think I will get much for mum to be as we are bringing her away for a night the end of July, and going to pamper her....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

muslin squares! they are so handy.
    Baby towels and face clothes are also really handy.
    Baby hats are small but again a necessity.
    Soother cords

For mammy a pair of slippers or a pair of pjs,the Pennys 3 piece ones are ideal as you get up so often with a baby and also they sick up on everything!!

Long sleeve Tesco babygros that close at the front.

Sock ons are a new discovery for me but they are brilliant.

Personally I would not bother with baby oil,sudocreme or talc(except caldescene) as I never used any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

If you are buying some more baby products I would get the Boots own brand baby products for Sensitive skin. I give some of these to a family member who's baby had very dry skin and she told several friend about these also.
    There are some times on a 3 for 2 offer but cost about €2.50 each or less.

In regards to towels/face clothes the Penney's luxury ones are nice quality and are not to expensive.
    When you buy them wash them in Fairy non bio liquid.

If you are a good cook why not make your friend a few dinners when the baby is born and give them to her frozen. This will save her time.
    You can get containers to freeze meals in the 2 euro shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Perfect Ring

ASDA do gorgeous muslin squares, patterned ones if you are near one, maybe some bibs and bathsalts for mum.

Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate them! I have since found out that I'm expecting myself! I'm delighted I have the hamper finished, so in time I have plenty of suggestions from all of you when I start buying

Thanks again xx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi girls,

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate them! I have since found out that I'm expecting myself! I'm delighted I have the hamper finished, so in time I have plenty of suggestions from all of you when I start buying

Thanks again xx

Ah Lovely, Wish you the Very Best! Congratulations inlikeflynn86 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Congrats inlikeflynn86. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

Hi girls,

Thanks again xx

congrats on your news :)
    how about putting a packet of condoms in that hamper! give your girl friend a giggle!

Jocelynel wrote: »
    congrats on your news :)
    how about putting a packet of condoms in that hamper! give your girl friend a giggle!

Haha thank you!

That's a brilliant idea :D

Advertisement