Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a forum site..

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Right,

We have a group of computers on a network. We also have a little website up and running for these PC's, so the users can interact and so on.. However, this site is quite basic, doesn't involve a web server, a domain name (as it's simply internal on this network) or anything that fancy!

So we've decided we want to create a little forum, where each of us can post to to have discussions and things like that!

Does anyone know what the best way to go about this would be?

The way I have the site at the moment is, create a shared folder on the network and place all the website files/html pages etc in there.

I don't mind making a totally independent forum, just as long as I know how to do it!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards. :)

You should run a web server on any one of the computers and install something like SMF (simple machines forum) onto it. You can probably download a virtual machine that has all that done for you.

You can't just have the base html files. It needs something to serve them so that database updates etc. can happen.

Advertisement