Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash rackets

Options
  • 07-02-2013 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

I played a tiny bit of squash years ago. I am thinking of taking it up again.

I would like some recommendations on rackets please.

I do not know what I should be looking for, ideally I would like something that is middle of the road. Not €20 but also not €200, I would say my budget is €100ish.

Are there any recommendations for someone like me? I would buy second hand if there are good deals to be got.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

Hi

I played a tiny bit of squash years ago. I am thinking of taking it up again.

I would like some recommendations on rackets please.

I do not know what I should be looking for, ideally I would like something that is middle of the road. Not €20 but also not €200, I would say my budget is €100ish.

Are there any recommendations for someone like me? I would buy second hand if there are good deals to be got.

Thanks
    No body any guidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

You should get a decent racket for 70-150 but you need to find a racket that suits you which means trying out a few different ones to see what you like. Rackets will vary in terms of shape, weight and balance. Most sports shops only have a handful of rackets so are not much use.
    If you're based in Dublin, the shop at Fitzwilliam Tennis Club are supposed to be very good in terms of giving advice and have a huge range of rackets so I'm sure you'll find one that suits there. Sutton tennis club also have a shop and the guy there is very helpful.

http://www.rackets.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

thanks for the advice. I will get round to Fitzwilliam Tennis Club in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Fitzwilliam have a decent 2nd hand racket for 80 euro at the moment.

Advertisement