Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Leisure centre" flight sims

Options
  • 07-02-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭

You know the type - usually an A320 or B737 mock-up in a shopping centre or popular street. I found myself looking in the window of such a place recently and wondered who they're targetted at because you know going in it's not a full-motion sim, yet it seems to me you're pretty limited in what you can actually do. (I see one place is offering an introductory "15 minute night flight at 36000 feet." Well, I suppose that saves on the projector bulbs. :(

Which got me thinking: one of the big advantages of a home sim setup is that you can choose your aircraft and experiences. Personally, I prefer the challenge of navigating by dead reckoning and white-knuckle landings in places like the Aran Islands, and I could get excited about being able to do that kind of thing in a "commercial" sim for a more realistic experience than I'll ever have at home (bearing in mind I'll never do it for real because I can't see further than the end of my arm). :eek:

What about the rest of you? What would tempt you to hand over a fist full of dollars (if you don't already!) for a third-party sim? Little birds instead of the big ones? "Dangerous Pilots" challenges? Flying in formation? Just being with a bunch of other people who don't think you're off your head because you really believe the wind is gusting 100kts?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I'd love to use a fully realistic Boeing 787 sim :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I'd love to use a fully realistic Boeing 787 sim :cool:

Pretty simple setup for that...just turn off all the lights and set up a small fire in the corner of the room.

;):p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Nforce wrote: »
    Pretty simple setup for that...just turn off all the lights and set up a small fire in the corner of the room.

;):p:o

Hahaha! :D maybe throw a few batteries into the fire and watch them spark :pac:

Advertisement