Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Vistopia Accounts Production (MYOB) popular?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

Is this software commom in practice?

Do you use it to do bookkeeping for VAT as well or do you an aternative package for this for smaller clients?

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Excel for VAT

CCH Accounts Production VAP (formerly Viztopia) for accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

We use it for the statutory accounts and have to say its crap, expensive and the support is rubbish. Changing to relate any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

MYOB withdrew from the Irish market a number of years ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I use it for accounts production and it just about does the job. That and I dont have time to learn another (better) system:rolleyes:

Its not the most expensive (I think relate is very expensive for what it is) but the problem is CCH do not seem to be interested in the Irish market anymore. It takes ages for the updates to come in and when they do they are badly tested and are themselves out of date. I noted at the recent revenue public event about IXBRL CCH was singularly absent. All the other accounts production providers were there including Caseware and Relate.

With regard to the bookkeeping element, I believe that CCH are discontinuing it in favour of an online product that is going to cost money. So I definately would be carefull going down that route.

Hope this helps

dbran

Advertisement