Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record player advice

Options
  • 07-02-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking to buy a record player to play some old records belonging to my parents and I want to buy new vinyls, etc. I'm not a DJ I just want this for my bedroom as I've listen to records before and they sound so much better than cds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

.wellboy wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a record player to play some old records belonging to my parents and I want to buy new vinyls, etc. I'm not a DJ I just want this for my bedroom as I've listen to records before and they sound so much better than cds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Got one of these last year (great review here)

(its kind of a cheaper clone of the classic Technics 1200) second hand but in perfect condition for about €140 off an Irish seller on ebay, it sounds great hooked up to my Technics system, this one:

$(KGrHqRHJEMFD1mW!-pWBQ9yzk,O,g~~48_80.JPG

and it has proper features like anti skating and tone arm balancing that you don't get on those awful cheap plastic automatic ones. Vinyl sounds so much better to cd's on a half decent sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 .wellboy

Cheers for the info. I'm dying to get one, yeah there's no comparison in quality between cd & vinyl!

Advertisement