Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend good tyres?

• 07-02-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need new tyres for my golf and I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good brand and type?

Looking for sound reduction and grip primarily - size is 205/55 R16.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Something like a Bridgestone Turanza T001 would fit the bill nicely. Top quality tyre and should be available for around €95 per tyre fitted and balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭walus

Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response is an excellent tyre too: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Dunlop/SP-Sport-Fast-Response.htm.

I have them on my Legacy and next time will be getting the same.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

How much were the Dunlops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭walus

PCros wrote: »
    How much were the Dunlops?

I think I paid about 95 euros fitted per one.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

+1 on the Bridgestone turanzas they are a great tyre for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,339 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Got Hankooks in that size fitted to my dad's Auris a few months back. Paid €75 fitted and balanced per corner, locally. They are an excellent tyre for the money imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You did very well to get the Hankooks for €75 IMO. We would be €87.50 for them which puts them close to Bridgestone money so we don't bother stocking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭enricoh

u could try this guy, sean mc manus in drogheda, not a million mile from swords. i just copied this off his website:
    205 55 16 Kormoran: €55.00

Buy any 4 Bridgestone / Pirelli (205 55 16): €300.00

i had kormoran on a motor before n they were allright, definitely a step up on some of the chinese stuff that wear out in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mavv

I could recommend Vredestein - had them last time on my Mondeo. Very grippy. Now I have Hankooks - I find them good too, but IMO Vredestein grip better.
    Hankook is cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement