Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

argos : 12 month xbox live gold card €35.99

Options
  • 07-02-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭

xbox live card 35 normally 50

I'm holding out for a $35 download from amazon.com myself, but this seems to be good for an irish store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Great Price .. Probably the cheapest around at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Actually need to buy one this weekend so cheers OP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Lots of stock available now 5+ in all stores in Ireland according to Checkargos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know what the Netflix client is like at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Anybody know what the Netflix client is like at the moment?

I've been using it for the last 2 months and not once have i had an issue - I'm only on a 4mb download speed with a wireless isp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/12-1-xbox-live-gold-membership/

They have 13 months xbox live for £31 (€36). Whenever i've used the site they have emailed me the code within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

bonescap wrote: »
    http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/12-1-xbox-live-gold-membership/

They have 13 months xbox live for £31 (€36). Whenever i've used the site they have emailed me the code within an hour
    Yep, I can vouch for this crowd, they're excellent.

The deal from Argos is great too, surely the cheapest at a brick and mortar in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm holding out for a $35 download from amazon.com myself, but this seems to be good for an irish store.

Be careful when buying Xbox codes from amazon.com as they can be region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Another +1 for these guys, never been let down by them. The Argos price is very good too though for a bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Comes up at €37.73 on paypal but still a better deal. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

For those with Vodafone for broadband:

I managed to talk them into giving me 12 months live for free conditional on me signing into another 12 month contract with them. Seemed like an excellent little on the spot deal to rope me back in and I'll be trying to talk them into it next year too.

If you have Vodafone for broadband and it's due to be up get on the phone to customer service and try and talk them into offering this to you. If needs be ask for a call back from the Northern Ireland sales team as they seem to be the ones with the power to give you offers, not the Irish sales team.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Comes up at €37.73 on paypal but still a better deal. :)
    I think when I did it it came in at 38.50 about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

D_BEAR wrote: »
    Be careful when buying Xbox codes from amazon.com as they can be region locked.

cheers, didn't know that. I didn't have any problems with the code I got from them last year, but will keep an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

xbox live card 35 normally 50

Cheers for this, just picked one up from Argos in Mahon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

For those with Vodafone for broadband:

I managed to talk them into giving me 12 months live for free conditional on me signing into another 12 month contract with them. Seemed like an excellent little on the spot deal to rope me back in and I'll be trying to talk them into it next year too.

If you have Vodafone for broadband and it's due to be up get on the phone to customer service and try and talk them into offering this to you. If needs be ask for a call back from the Northern Ireland sales team as they seem to be the ones with the power to give you offers, not the Irish sales team.
    they give it free on the site when you get the 60 a month internet package

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cheers for this, just picked one up from Argos in Mahon.

Ya me too, mine is about to expire so great timing.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Same here and I'm only on a dodgy fixed wireless 3mb connection. Never once had an issue with playback and loads of new content added in the last few weeks too.
    I've been using it for the last 2 months and not once have i had an issue - I'm only on a 4mb download speed with a wireless isp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am not a gamer but want to get this for a friend as a gift. Do you know if it can run concurrently because I am pretty sure he has Xbox live running at the moment. Failing that, is there an expiry date on it? Sorry that I don't know how it all works. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I am not a gamer but want to get this for a friend as a gift. Do you know if it can run concurrently because I am pretty sure he has Xbox live running at the moment. Failing that, is there an expiry date on it? Sorry that I don't know how it all works. Thanks

Yes you just enter the code and it gets added to the end of the current subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks for post OP got one over the weekend, mine was due to expire next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Went in to buy and it's 41 quid so picked up 3 months for 12.99 which wasn't perfect but I think it's still quite good for a b&m price

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

skinny90 wrote: »
    Went in to buy and it's 41 quid so picked up 3 months for 12.99 which wasn't perfect but I think it's still quite good for a b&m price
    Amazon currently have the 12 months for £28. Probably the best price around. Think there was a thread about it the last day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Strange, but I have tried to get on this site all night and keep getting a "problem loading page" with the following end url

http://just143.justhost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/islamiccalligraphyart.com

Anybody else try them? Even the base domain name cheapxboxlivecodes.com isn't working :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Anybody else try them? Even the base domain name cheapxboxlivecodes.com isn't working :confused:

From there facebook page "We were victims of a ddos attack actually and are waiting for hosts to resolve the issue"
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Electronic-First-Ltd/117564661597267

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

they give it free on the site when you get the 60 a month internet package

Aye, but I'm not on that. Just the bog standard package with preferential pricing. Bit of haggling goes a long way. All they want is your name on a new contract for fear you might switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks for that, needed to get some Xbox Live points for my godson's birthday, got 2100 here for €6-7 less than the shops are charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

balfe1990 wrote: »

The deal from Argos is great too, surely the cheapest at a brick and mortar in the country.

I thought to myself, gee, that offer looks too good to be true. I bought it anyway. So, we are gonna try again to-morrow for the third day to see can we get the x-box to take the code. I'll report back on our progress or lack of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Fella on adverts selling them for 25. I got mine on there for 30 last month no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

darkhorse wrote: »
    I thought to myself, gee, that offer looks too good to be true. I bought it anyway. So, we are gonna try again to-morrow for the third day to see can we get the x-box to take the code. I'll report back on our progress or lack of.

We got it done with a little help from technical staff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement