Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to convert van to camper

Options
  • 07-02-2013 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hello everyone:)
    Can someone help me because myself and my beautiful woman we would like to go this summer for a hoilday in our new camper. we would like to convert our van into a camper,, but we need to know what to do first that would make it pass the Doe test, anyother information on this would be greatly appreicated, :):)

Comments

Run it through the DOE and fix the issues they fail it on if it doesn't pass first time.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%20Testing/Motor%20Caravan%20Testing/Motor%20Caravan%20Roadworthiness%20Testing.pdf

I believe they give you 10 days to qualify for a retest at half price (for ramp based re-test) or free for a visual issue (like tyres/bulbs etc).

You'll also need an engineer's report for insurance on a conversion. Which is basically the same thing on a different form. Might be worth holding out and seeing if you can convince a testing centre to fill both forms out off the same test run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I can recommend westward scania, very good to deal with did doe and camper certification for €135.80 and did my brake retest for free - not sure if they can do lane retest free anymore as the rsa have threatened to fine centers offering free restests. Friend had his done in the ennis truck center also hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Molloy Commercials, Crimlin, Castlebar would also look after you. Always have a couple of motorhomes in the complex. I get my van done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blueber

Thanks everyone your information was very helpful, so we are hoping to be ready for holidays in august.p.s we are looking at renualt master 2.5 or 2.2 the longer version for example. what do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 blueber

awwww....does the number of seats have to equal to the number of beds, as there will be three of us travelling? when the engineer does the inspecton or those it make a difference?

Advertisement