Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery valentines

Options
  • 07-02-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey all for the past 4 years I've got a mystery valentines card posted to my house no idea who it is. Seen as its coming up to valentines day again I'm wondering if there will be another one but I'm more interested in knowing if there is any way of finding out where they came from? The postmark is always dublin and its a 55c stamp so can't be far... Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Really???

Ok.

Your ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I used to send secret admirer cards to people but I hear they can extract your DNA from semen now so I don't anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crinklestein

javagal wrote: »
    Really???

Ok.

Your ma.
    Ha, yeah thought that myself at first but it's defo not her or the aul fella

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Any bunny boilers in your past?

Senna wrote: »
    Any bunny boilers in your past?
    No not really there was a guy about 6 years ago that was a bit weird but he was never at my house he only knew the general area that I was from hmmm it's a head scratcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

If it was a once off it might be kind of romantic, but four years in a row? Get yourself some mace, this brand is quite good:
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Someone you know I'd say. Four years is a bit creepy, as there been anyone that you've talked to the odd time or anything over the four years? Work person? Friend? Pervy neighbour? A little kid who lives down the road?

Are you male or female?!

Someone you know I'd say. Four years is a bit creepy, as there been anyone that you've talked to the odd time or anything over the four years? Work person? Friend? Pervy neighbour? A little kid who lives down the road?

Are you male or female?!
    I'm female I've thought through everyone I know and can't come up with a single suspect if I get one next week it'll be 5 yrs. the last one had different verses roses are red... Etc and at the end said something like have you not figured out who I am yet? God the more I think if it the creepier it becomes hopefully if another one comes it will reveal all!

I'm female I've thought through everyone I know and can't come up with a single suspect if I get one next week it'll be 5 yrs. the last one had different verses roses are red... Etc and at the end said something like have you not figured out who I am yet? God the more I think if it the creepier it becomes hopefully if another one comes it will reveal all!

They're probably reading this thread right now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cealabeala

Wow, even though I think that's really sweet and romantic, I would be driven demented not knowing who it was!!!

I can't think of any way of figuring it out though. At least it's nice to know that someone thinks you're great :)

• Advertisement

IceFjoem wrote: »
    If it was a once off it might be kind of romantic, but four years in a row? Get yourself some mace, this brand is quite good:
    Link
    Haha I'll mace you good boy.. Whatever about the cards, grand, but I hope to god it's not some Pervy that sees me all the time but I don't see him like that film fatal attraction :O

cealabeala wrote: »
    Wow, even though I think that's really sweet and romantic, I would be driven demented not knowing who it was!!!

I can't think of any way of figuring it out though. At least it's nice to know that someone thinks you're great :)
    Yeah I know I usually don't think about it until this time of year then I go oh i wonder will I get another? I'd love if there was some sort of trace back system with post so you could even see where it was posted from, might have a lightbulb moment then

Must be pretty special if you get them every year from the same person! Let have a look at ye OP. Its part of the investigation. Seriously.

Do they write dirty stuff or is it all romantic crap?

IceFjoem wrote: »

They're probably reading this thread right now! :eek:
    Ha we'll if they are I wish they'd just reveal themselves! Their identity I mean not in the other way.. No siree bob

Haha I'll mace you good boy.. Whatever about the cards, grand, but I hope to god it's not some Pervy that sees me all the time but I don't see him like that film fatal attraction :O

I'd put my money on Perv tbh, it depends though, what did the previous cards say? If there was anything sexual I'd be worried. Maybe he's hidden a message as to his identity in the text somewhere, serial killer shtyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I'd say enjoy your last week. The fifth year is when you will probably vanish. Or maybe they will wait a decade. Doubt it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I'd say it's a wind up, or somebody you know very well that can't ask you out. If you are stuck for clues the only thing I'd think of trying is to look at your facebook page and if you can go back that far, see if their is anybody you got back in touch with pre-valentines day 4 years ago. Timeline is actually useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Hi it's me again.. Mr. anonymous.

The keys are in the motel room drawer.
    You'll need them, to open the door.

Must be pretty special if you get them every year from the same person! Let have a look at ye OP. Its part of the investigation. Seriously.

Do they write dirty stuff or is it all romantic crap?
    Haha ok well as long as its for research purposes only.. its all romantic type ****e little poems etc there was even a stick figure couple drawn on one holding hands awww

Haha ok well as long as its for research purposes only.. its all romantic type ****e little poems etc there was even a stick figure couple drawn on one holding hands awww

Were the cards sticky at all?

• Advertisement

Cool, drop me a PM so! ;)

No idea OP, 5 years is a bit strange. It's creepy that someone would fancy another person for 5 years and only day a year send them a card. Do you go to mass at all? Do you get along with the parish priest?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Could it be the postman? Or woman? They seem to expect you to have guessed by now. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

I would let people think your moving etc.. you might get a card saying good luck :cool: then you can suspect those who u told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Do you have a male best friend? Someone you can talk to about anything, night or day, and he'll always be there. He's not like all the other guys, only after one thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Well? Don'tkeep us all in suspenders! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I'm more interested in knowing if there is any way of finding out where they came from? The postmark is always dublin and its a 55c stamp so can't be far... Any ideas?

Maybe you could return to sender?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 94Conor

Compare the handwriting to the handwriting of people you suspect? Ask them to sign a fake petition or something?

Although if they've been sending you cards for 5 years they've probably had the cop on not to use their normal handwriting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'm female I've thought through everyone I know and can't come up with a single suspect if I get one next week it'll be 5 yrs. the last one had different verses roses are red... Etc and at the end said something like have you not figured out who I am yet?

Maybe you're focusing to much on male friends... could be one of your female friends.

Do they have girly handwriting, put little circles for dots over the i's or the like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Maybe you're focusing to much on male friends... could be one of your female friends.

Do they have girly handwriting, put little circles for dots over the i's or the like?

This could be true, it could be one of your girl friends.

So far you know that it's someone who's known you for at least 4 years, they wouldn't send Valentine cards unless they're sure you still live in the same house so it can't be a stranger.

You also know that you know them very well cos they expected you to figure ot out already.

Any way, did you get one today?

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

This could be true, it could be one of your girl friends.

So far you know that it's someone who's known you for at least 4 years, they wouldn't send Valentine cards unless they're sure you still live in the same house so it can't be a stranger.

You also know that you know them very well cos they expected you to figure ot out already.

Any way, did you get one today?

Hi yeah got another one on Thursday still no name on it but it had a little poem that started like we started as strangers we became friends... Then no more clues throughout as to who it is same handwriting as always and it said i love you about four times in the card. I showed it to one if my friends in work and he reckons its a girl?? Ah I guess I'll never know

Advertisement