Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Accountant

Options
  • 07-02-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi

I am training with the Chartered Accountants of Ireland at Cap2 level and require 20 months further work experience to qualify as an accountant. Does anyone know of any trainee jobs going or any accountant who would provide me with two years work experience. I would be willing to work for nothing at this stage just to get the work experience as I have invested so much in going back to college to retrain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Done same thing man. Nine long months working for free and got hired then(so it was worth it in the end). I rang around alot of places but in the end it was through a friends boss who was friendly with an accountant that got me my foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

PhilipLuke wrote: »
    Hi

I am training with the Chartered Accountants of Ireland at Cap2 level and require 20 months further work experience to qualify as an accountant. Does anyone know of any trainee jobs going or any accountant who would provide me with two years work experience. I would be willing to work for nothing at this stage just to get the work experience as I have invested so much in going back to college to retrain.

Were you based

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

I am based in Clare but would be willing to relocate anywhere. I have over two years work experience in practice preparing client accounts. I moved job in October and joined a new firm in Limerick but I was being treated disgracefully by the individual assigned to me. Basically I was ignored since the day I started and the days were dragging so after four months I had enough and told them I was leaving and I am not sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Yeah I know its tough I would work for free no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Would you be willing to relocate to Dublin? There is a couple trainee chances up here and obviously your 2 years experience goes in your favour if you know how to put yourself across when you get into an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

PM me your details I know of a practice who may take you on in Limerick

Advertisement