Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holles street or the Coombe

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all...

Trying to decide on a hospital (first timer due October :)) and am at a lost as there doesn't seem to be much info about the possible options. I'm thinking about Holles street or the Coombe and would like to have as little intervention as possible so like the idea of a midwife led unit, would be interested to hear thoughts and opinions on both. Also I'm planning to go public .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

As far as I know both hospitals have a midwife led unit but it might be worth checking on the criteria and waiting list to get into them. I'm in the Coombe and have been very happy but I'm sure holles street is much the same. God luck with your choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Where are you living? You should see if you fall into the catchment area for the domino scheme with either hospital. Read up on it and if you're eligible and interested get in contact with them asap as places are limited.

Failing that the mid wife led care is the way to go imo. I was adamant this time around that I wanted to be with the midwives and not a consultant. My consultant was lovely but I find the midwives more personable and down to earth.

I'm with the Coombe but I'm sure Holles St is pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I was recently in the position of choosing between Holles Street and The Coombe and I decided to go with The Coombe. I came across a few stories of dissatisfied patients who went with Holles Street and very little of these from people who were with The Coombe.

Although of course there will be women with great things to say about Holles Street and less glowing reviews for The Coombe. I did read that they (along with The Rotunda on the Northside) are kept to the same standard so there would be very little difference in the level of care that you would recieve.

It was suggested that the two are so similiar that you should just choose whichever happens to be the handiest for you to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thinkydink

Hi

Thanks for the replies, have been leaning towards the Coombe as they are closer to me, so I'm going to give them a call today to see about the midwife led and domino care and hopefully get a booking sorted.

Thanks again

Advertisement