Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shmeesh for Ents - Sexism?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

426755_488822661177098_179712426_n.jpg

I know why he's done this, to get attention for his campaign, which I can understand (Ents is after all a popularity contest).

But do you think this is a bit sexist? Or is just like page 3 in the Sun?

PS: don't really want this to turn into a discussion on the election, more just the photo.

EDIT - There is a version with just guys, but question still stand IMO
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think.........

...........it makes him look a bit of a knob.

Ents is probably the best place for him. In every institution I've studied in, ents has been an accepted abbreviation of 'knobs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

bbuzz wrote: »

Really I think the fact that there is a male and a female version would show that's it exactly not sexism!

Sheesh is a joke candidate anyway. It's just a bit of fun that makes the SU race much more interesting than it normally is. I appreciate his efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Not quite Aaron Heffernan, as joke candidates go, is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

For a ''joke'' candidate, I think he'll hose in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Sheesh is a joke candidate anyway.
    Joke candidate running for ents? Isn't that a bit meta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I don't think you know what sexism is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

426755_488822661177098_179712426_n.jpg

I know why he's done this, to get attention for his campaign, which I can understand (Ents is after all a popularity contest).

But do you think this is a bit sexist? Or is just like page 3 in the Sun?

PS: don't really want this to turn into a discussion on the election, more just the photo.

All SU elections are to find out who is the most popular among SU heads. Sure its only friends of candidates that vote anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

The candidates must have a lot of friends so

Pretty sure almost everyone in 3rd or 4th year must know a couple of the candidates. College isn't that big a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Pretty sure almost everyone in 3rd or 4th year must know a couple of the candidates. College isn't that big a place.

And since it is a smallish place I'm sure the voters know more than one candidate so they have to differentiate on them based on policies occasionally. That said considering the effect the union could have on students lives it's nauseating how some students won't even spend a small amount of time reading a candidates manifesto and deciding on one to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

And since it is a smallish place I'm sure the voters know more than one candidate so they have to differentiate on them based on policies occasionally. That said considering the effect the union could have on students lives it's nauseating how some students won't even spend a small amount of time reading a candidates manifesto and deciding on one to vote.

Next to zero effect? I ****ing hate the SU elections. Stop pestering me on the corridors, I won't vote for your ****ty candidate

The union has practically no effect on students' lives. College does whatever it wants, and the SU has next to no influence there, and basically all the sabbats do is fail to fulfill promises that weren't that earth-shattering to begin with. I'm kind of sorry for some of them (the candidates) wanting to waste a year of their lives on it. The only one who really does anything tangible is Ents, and with or without an Ents officer, there'll still be nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

I'm based off campus, and this week I was asked to vote without knowing of a single person on the ballot paper. I think it's nauseating that not a single manifesto was offered to me. And yes, the student union has an effect on me too.

Advertisement