Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmony Cartridge

Options
  • 06-02-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Well lads, just got my hands on my harmony cart, and after my first hour of game play, I am well impressed with my purchase.

15rflhh.jpg

All my fav games seem to play without any hitch. The menu is also very easy to navigate. Looking forward to the Atari 7800 release, reading between the lines, its will into the testing process with a late 2013 release, hopefully!!!!

Any of ye use one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Haven't picked it up (yet), but it is definitely on my list. Did you grab a romset off atarimania or just stick a few on to test it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I grabbed the whole romset from Atari Age (great site btw) and then just selected the few games I played when I was younger into a fav folder.

This great stuff man, well worth splashing the dosh, to play all the games on the original hardware is hard to beat. I was playing Pressure Cooker for an age, god I loved that game, even plays better on a colour TV :p We had a b&w portable back in the day...

Still get goose bumps listening to the intro music ...

EnterNow - So what is it?
    ah man, your taking the mickey right :D

Its a flash cart for the Atari 2600 where upon you can grab every game and fit them on a 2GB micro card, with plenty of spare to spare :) Most games are 32KB and play the little bugger classic games on your beloved Atari 2600 till your hearts content....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

djsim101 wrote: »
    ah man, your taking the mickey right :D

Its a flash cart for the Atari 2600 where upon you can grab every game and fit them on a 2GB micro card, with plenty of spare to spare :) Most games are 32KB and play the little bugger classic games on your beloved Atari 2600 till your hearts content....

Ah I see. I left the flash cart world there a while ago, much prefer collecting actual carts. Its a sickness :o

• Advertisement

I know what you mean, I love having the carts on a display on a shelf, but I am a lazy bastard, and having all the games at the flick of a joystick is just too handy.

It eant cheating either, as you are using the original hardware (well,kinda:D)

One downside to the flashcart, ya can't play Boulderdash 2600 on it ;-)

Let me know if ya ever wanna play it on real hardware :-) i'd honestly love to know if anyone else in ireland bought a copy

Los Lobos wrote: »

Whys that?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Los Lobos wrote: »

Surely not being able to play Boulderdash is a bonus, no ?

Anyone know where I can get a complete PAL Romset for the Atari 2600? Colours from the NTSC version of the games are not good.

I have been looking everywhere....

Its okay...found once which contains both PAL and NTSC, just bulk rename utility to keep the pal ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

djsim101 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a complete PAL Romset for the Atari 2600? Colours from the NTSC version of the games are not good.

I have been looking everywhere....

Its okay...found once which contains both PAL and NTSC, just bulk rename utility to keep the pal ones.

Hi djsim,

Dont ask for or link to Roms.

Thanks,
    LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah what's a Rom? I presume you mean legal cartridge !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Has Googling become too much I wonder?

All the worlds questions are answered there!

Where are romsets?... Google it!

What's a Gunstar lovin' gamer?.... Google it?

But, Captain, what is this thing you call.... love?.... Google it!

My bad, I thought all Atari 2600 roms were out in the free domain without any copyright issues....

Advertisement