Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pint in Sandyford?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Anywhere near the Sandyford/Stillorgan luas stops to grab a beer (not that dump Leop Inn with it's revolving revolting bar...)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The nearest would probably be the Balally Inn, about 10 mins walk

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

the beacon is nearby. Kinda horrible though. There's the millhouse down in stillorgan which is about 10-15 mins away. Then the Galloping Green which is easily 15-20 mins away. Oh Bewleys Hotel too but again it's not the nicest.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Bewleys Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Odd - you'd think Sandyford as a business center would support a pub. Been a while since I have supped in Galloping Green though, so maybe do the whole "walk" thing to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

The nearest nice bar to Sandyford is Winters in Dundrum near Balally Luas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Anywhere near the Sandyford/Stillorgan luas stops to grab a beer (not that dump Leop Inn with it's revolving revolting bar...)?

Please explain you utterly ridiculous comment about the leopardstown Inn - were you kicked out of it.

Let me see - its busy on a Monday, its busy on atuesday, its busy on a wednesday etc etc etc

It serves graet food and good prices.

It has superb service and regularly wins awards.

Whilst its many years since I was a regular, I do drop by now and then and its as good as it ever was and a superb place for a drink or a bite to eat.

btw - the revolving bar part is not even in the main bar area!

to be fair I do like the leop inn. The revolving bar is a gimmick and the smoking area is kinda ****e but other than that its a decent bar. And it's a **** site better than Bewleys, Fillies and the Beacon which are the only other short-haul options in the area

sandin wrote: »
    Please explain you utterly ridiculous comment about the leopardstown Inn - were you kicked out of it.

Let me see - its busy on a Monday, its busy on atuesday, its busy on a wednesday etc etc etc

It serves graet food and good prices.

It has superb service and regularly wins awards.

Whilst its many years since I was a regular, I do drop by now and then and its as good as it ever was and a superb place for a drink or a bite to eat.

btw - the revolving bar part is not even in the main bar area!

The revolving bar on its own is enough to turn a reasonable pub into something only deserving of scorn.

The new decor is extremely gross, tacky and generally offensive to my sensitive aesthetic sensibilities :)

The coffee is repugnant. It serves mediocre food at best - and the carvery is just blech. The barmen are a mixed bag - some good, some bad.

why don't you just get a few cans and sup quietly at the luas stop? would save you a lot of walking :)

for the record - ended up in Bolands in Stillorgan. Odd pub, but had a grand wee fire and was ticking over with people watching the round ball game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

markpb wrote: »
    The nearest nice bar to Sandyford is Winters in Dundrum near Balally Luas.

No it's not

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

The revolving bar on its own is enough to turn a reasonable pub into something only deserving of scorn.

The new decor is extremely gross, tacky and generally offensive to my sensitive aesthetic sensibilities :)

The coffee is repugnant. It serves mediocre food at best - and the carvery is just blech. The barmen are a mixed bag - some good, some bad.

not a big fan of carvery but i can tell you the carvery in the Lep is the best you'll find,not just my opinion,all of my workmates agree

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thought the Sandyford House would be an obvious one.

Bar can be a bit rough but the lounge is grand and the food is fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

I couldnt agree more, it's a model of how to destroy a pub. Palm trees and fish tanks ffs. And worst of all it charges city centre prices. The Mill House and ODwyers in Stillorgan are probably best in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

grimbergen wrote: »
    I couldnt agree more, it's a model of how to destroy a pub. Palm trees and fish tanks ffs. And worst of all it charges city centre prices. The Mill House and ODwyers in Stillorgan are probably best in the area.
    I'd go with O'Dwyers too, the Mill House is further away and imho pretty grotty with unfriendly service. I'd certainly avoid Winters like the plague.

There's actually a dearth of good pubs in the area, which is a shame.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Miller Bar is nice and cosy. Staff are friendly. Food is fine, bar food. Prices are probably the cheapest in the area. guinness that is. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

The Galloping Green isn't that far away either, proper old school pub!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Violate_Me

The Copper Bar is opening in the Beacon next week (steakhouse/sportsbar/late cafe/wine bar).

As a resident of the Beacon I must say I'm looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If you like a good spot full of pretentious knob ends who are up their own hole then the beacon is for you.

Best off down the stillorgan way tbh

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    If you like a good spot full of pretentious knob ends who are up their own hole then the beacon is for you.

Best off down the stillorgan way tbh

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anytime my missus kicks me out the only place for a pint is that abomination fo a hotel. 5.90E a pint to boot.

Horrendous

• Advertisement

By the way I meant to say that the bar that's opening is nothing to do with the Beacon Hotel, I should have said that it is opening in the Beacon Apartment Complex

Advertisement