Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confusing times

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

i suppose i'm just looking for a little reassurance. going by date of last period i am 6.5 weeks pregnant. over the weekend i felt a bit crampy,nothing major, and by boobs were very sore. especially at night time in bed. the last few days these symptoms have eased off. i don't feel nauceous at all. i'm a little tired but thats just because i haven't been getting great nights sleep. is it normal to not have major symptoms at this stage and for symptoms to ease off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Most women are crampy when they are in early pregnancy, it's your body getting ready.

Also, some women get no symptoms at all in the first trimester (lucky so and sos!). My boobs were very sore at first but that went away by about 7/8 weeks. I had severe ms kick in then but if you are one of the lucky women that don't get morning sickness then maybe you're body is just settling in! Every woman and pregnancy is different. Not getting a great nights sleep is a pregnancy symptom in itself, that's why so many pregnant women are tired!

I know it's nervewracking though, early pregnancy. I was always nervous when I went to the loo in case I was bleeding and I wish I had been easier on myself! I had no reason to worry, I wish I'd just relaxed and only worried if something happened to be worried about!

Would you think about getting an early private scan soon to put your mind at rest? I had one at 8 weeks and it was so reassuring, knowing everything was in the right place etc

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Thank you very much. we had a bit of a clomid journey but got there in the end.
    part of me still thinks i might not be pregnant. but 4 tests have confirmed that i am so i think i'm just trying to not get too excited about it in these early stages. i have my first doctors appointment this evening and i will be looking into getting an early scan. my partner doesn't know why i'm not lepping about the place with excitement. but its like the worry about not getting pregnant was instantly replaced with worrying about being pregnant.
    reading that nakes me sound like a miserable cow but i'm not really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

You're not a miserable cow, we all find stuff to worry about, it's only natural, especially if conceiving hasn't been easy! I still worry all the time that something will go wrong and I'm half-way through my pregnancy!

If you have four positive pregnancy tests then you are pregnant. You can get false negatives but not false positives. I went to my GP at 6 weeks and he didn't even do a test himself once I told him I had three positive pregnancy tests. Remember pregnant until proven otherwise!! :)

I definitely recommend the private early scan. The place I went to said not before 8 weeks because it can be hard to find a hearbeat before then and they don't want women worrying unecessarily. If you are worried though it's great to have that option.

Advertisement