Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping white underwear white

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

Ladies, have any of you who wear fake tan got any tips for keeping white underwear snow-white? Bras in particular. Obviously, I never put white underwear on straight after applying tan, I'd always wait til I've showered the top layer off, but I still find that it rubs off on the straps and underwire and it never seems to wash out properly.

I'm actually going to replace all my white underwear, but has anyone any tips on how to keep the new stuff sparkly? Anyone swear by Vanish pre-wash treatments or anything like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Slightly different but I clicked on the topic so hey-ho!

I have horse riding whites so oil from the saddle on breeches and dirt from the horse on the white saddle cloths etc is really really REALLY hard to get out. Best I've found is soaked over night in vanish oxyaction then washed with Daz and more vanish mixed in. I've found daz works much better than other detergents but the soaking makes the biggest difference....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Cheers, dude, I'll give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Buy Nappisan and wash your whites in it and get presto, they will be good as new!!! Nappisan is for getting babies' poo out of their vests and babygros and it's great stuff!!! I got a box for my mum and she washed my dad's shirts for him and they all came out gleaming! It's brilliant & will remove any stain..you can get it in Dunnes or Tesco.

ETA: it brightens up whites too. Just do a google search on it and it'll tell you all about it. €5 for a box which will last months.

Advertisement