Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blu Ray Region Code Free

• 06-02-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

It seems a lot more complicated to hack a Blu Ray Player than DVD.

I have seen a lot of offers to buy a region code free player online - even the same model I have (LG). So a mod kit should be available for those players.

Does anyone know any place that mods your player in or around Dublin? I'm not really keen on buying the same player again code free for an extra 100 on top of the normal price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Cobraverde

I have a Sony Bluray player, and it was relatively easy to make it DVD multiregional using a pre-programmed remote control. I can't remember the exact name of the site off-hand but you told them your model number, they programmed the remote, sent it to you, you zapped your machine and sent it back.

That was purely for DVD.
    I think about 80% of US bluray releases are actually Area-free and will play back on an Irish player. But to make most machines BLURAY Area-free would require a hardware mod (or buying of a multi-area player.). I took a third route: I bought a regular US Sony Bluray player for $100 which I use to play back those great Criterion Bluray editions which are always strictly Area 'A'.

Advertisement