Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Kilkenny

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

its a friend of mine's stag on the weekend of st.patricks and i've been tasked with sussing out whatever pubs and nightclub(s) are in the town. I've never been before so i appreciate any insight. i thinking we're starting in the Left Bank in the afternoon and from there we'll slowly make our way towards the nightclub (Langtons?) so I'm looking for a few good bars in between those locations that are on some a kind of pub crawl route and to confirm that Langtons is the main club. We're staying for two nights so might mix it up the second night. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You probably won't get into Langton's if you are very obviously a stag party.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

Biddy Earlys in john street its on your way to langtons from left bank over the bridge on the right hand side....its always rocking on a saturday night. there's also Matt the Millers just over the bridge before biddy's..hope these are some help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Messy spots along the route from Left Bank to Langtons are: Puc Fada, Lannigans, Matt The Millers, Biddy Earlys.

Quieter nice spots would be: Syd Harkins, Tynans, The Dylan, Bridies.

Jaysus there's some amount of pubs on that stretch.

All depending on what kind of a group ye are.

I wouldn't fancy you chances as a group getting into either Left Bank or Langtons. You will need to split into groups of 3 or 4 to have a chance I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The World's End is a great spot for stag parties. Actually if you're thinking of somewhere to settle into for a while, like a base pub, I'd recommend it.

https://www.facebook.com/worlds.kilkenny?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

If your goin out relatively early theres some great "drinking pubs" in kilkenny.. especially if you have a few stout/ale drinkers.. id recommend Ryans, Syd Harkins or blue bar to start and get the group together.. then onto Left bank around nine for a "look"... then on for one in Matt the millers and Biddy earlys on the way to langtons.. i prob wouldnt go to Left bank too early as its a big space and doesnt fill up till later... have a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭kenn0

how about this in the morning then head to Ryan's pub for trad and Guinness after lunch.

St. Patrick's Day Dash - 5k at Kilkenny Castle Park
    Start Date: 17 Mar 2013
    End Date: 17 Mar 2013
    Times: 11am
    Kilkenny City Harriers and Fit4Life will hold their annual 5k 'St. Patrick's Day Dash' on Sunday 17th March, which will start and finish at The Watershed and pass through Kilkenny Castle Park en route.

There will be chip timing and prizes for the first three men, three women, three junior girls and three junior boys. Also spot prizes for the 'Best Dressed' .....

Starting Time: 11am at The Watershed

Registration / Fees at The Watershed on the morning of Sunday 17th March up to 10.45am / At the track from Monday to Thursday 6.30pm to 7.30pm / Saturday mornings 9am to 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was on a hen in Kilkenny last year and ended up in Langtons, probably too early in hindsight and was sick of the sight of the place before the night was over. Maybe it's just my age (30) I felt like it's the kind of place I'd have loved 10 years ago. There was a nice big beer garden out the back though but you'd need the weather for it. I was telling a friend of mine who goes out in Kilkenny a lot and she said "oh I would have stayed on the other side of town" - i think there's a few late bars like Lanigans, The Field, Paris Texas etc. Early on in the evening there was a good musician in the beer garden of the Kytlers Inn and ok food there too. We were in Biddy Earlys and the Left Bank earlier on and they were nice enough. I've heard Matt the Millers is good but we were following the crowd and for some reason they completely bypassed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Heading to Kilkenny in the coming weeks for a Stag and their seems to be mixed review around Pubs \ Nightclubs liking or allowing Stags on their premises,
    We are Kayaking during the day (gowiththeflow) and the plan was to do a pub crawl around the town before settling in a spot for the night so is the general recommendation that if your behaved you will get in anywhere or should we break up in to groups.

If the Groom was to be dressed slightly out of character does it make a difference :D

Tks
    Earlsie

Earlsie wrote: »
    Heading to Kilkenny in the coming weeks for a Stag and their seems to be mixed review around Pubs \ Nightclubs liking or allowing Stags on their premises,
    We are Kayaking during the day (gowiththeflow) and the plan was to do a pub crawl around the town before settling in a spot for the night so is the general recommendation that if your behaved you will get in anywhere or should we break up in to groups.

If the Groom was to be dressed slightly out of character does it make a difference :D

Tks
    Earlsie

If ye aren't acting the pr..k most places will be grand, but obviously later you'll be messy enough. I'd say nearly all the pubs on john st will be grand with a stag, probably should steer clear of parliament st, cleeres, pumphouse, o riadas, and syd Harkins on rose inn st. Lanigans, matt the Miller's, biddys, faolains, the kilford would all be stag spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Thanks for the Info,
    Not sure we will get the weather but are there any good beer gardens,

Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

Heading down the weekend for a stag, is there good banter or would ya get much trouble??

phishcakes wrote: »
    Heading down the weekend for a stag, is there good banter or would ya get much trouble??

We don't like filthy outsiders. Plenty of banter, for locals. Otherwise...trouble.

Advertisement