Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics in dublin

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I have not been in Ireland for that long, and i do now have a question for all the locals. I live in Dublin.

Now that HMV is gone, where can i go to buy electronics (headphones, speakers) in a store?

I want a physical shop, so please don't tell me to buy my stuff online :)

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Try:

Maplins on Jervis Street (that's on Jervis St, not in the shopping centre)
    PC World in Jervis Centre
    Peats on Parnell Street.

They all have a decent selection of consumer electronics and are in Dublin city centre. As a bonus they are all within a stones throw of each other which makes price comparisons easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

PC World or Harvey Norman have a few stores around. Alternatiely in the city centre Peats on Parnell St are great (and you support an Irish company too).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shredmeister 1993

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Try:

Maplins on Jervis Street (that's on Jervis St, not in the shopping centre)
    PC World in Jervis Centre
    Peats on Parnell Street.

They all have a decent selection of consumer electronics and are in Dublin city centre. As a bonus they are all within a stones throw of each other which makes price comparisons easy.

Thanks!

Ill check it out this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

There are DID and Power City branches dotted around the place too (DID are also in the city centre at Clerys and Mountjoy Square)

Advertisement