Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for Lions tour 2013

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there, would anyone have any suggestions as to what website I would be able to purchase tickets only for the Lions tour 2013. As I do not need a package deal (flights and accommodation) I am finding it difficult to see where I will be able to get tickets when they go on sale. Ticketmaster directs you to their Australian site and you need to be a resident to purchase from there and the IRFU are not receiving any allocation.
    Any suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Hi there, would anyone have any suggestions as to what website I would be able to purchase tickets only for the Lions tour 2013. As I do not need a package deal (flights and accommodation) I am finding it difficult to see where I will be able to get tickets when they go on sale. Ticketmaster directs you to their Australian site and you need to be a resident to purchase from there and the IRFU are not receiving any allocation.
    Any suggestions would be great!

If you have a friend in Australia, get the tickets sent to them. But they went on sale a couple of days ago so will be limited. When I was in Oz, certain games went via ticketmaster and others via ticketek.com.au so try both of those.

No official tickets will be made available in Europe except through the tour operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

did u try the lions own website or ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hunnybunny100

Thanks for your reply, my sister is living in Sydney and is hopefully going to be able to get tickets for the 3rd test but I was hoping we wouldnt have to rely on her for all the games we want to go to and that I would be able to get some from here.

DonR8 - Lions own website is package deals and ticketmaster is for Australian residents. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Tickets are coming out on public sale here in Australia on February 18th. I managed to get tickets for all 3 tests through a reds supporter club here on pre sale :-) Your best bet is to get your sister to buy them on the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭vill@in

Just wanted to follow up on this thread as tickets on public sale in a couple of hours.

If I have an account with Ticketek, registered to an address in Sydney, will I be able to purchase tickets on on a Netbank debit card but from Ireland? Or will the website pick up that my IP address is outside Australia & block the sale?

Any thoughts/comments welcome...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

There'll be loads in Australia. Hardly anyone outside regular rugby-goers in NSW and QLD will even know there's a tour on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

JustinDee wrote: »
    There'll be loads in Australia. Hardly anyone outside regular rugby-goers in NSW and QLD will even know there's a tour on.
    You would think but all the pre-sales sold out in minutes. Seems the general sale did too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

General sale sold out in 3 minutes. I logged at 9 and got tickets for Melbourne test. By the time I purchased them and went back in to get Sydney test tickets they were gone. It'll be difficult to get tickets at a resonable price now. All the backpackers in Oz are getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I was logged in and all ready to go at nine this morning Brisbane time and all the tickets for the first test in Brisbane were gone. I don't know how many were for public sale after all the clubs etc. get their share ? But they were gone in a flash !!!!! I quickly changed tack and managed a snap up a Queensland Reds v Lions so not all is lost.
    The test tickets started at $95 for the cheapseats but I got a good seat for the Reds for under $30.
    If anyone is making the trip to Brisbane and they need any info or anything just send me a PM and I'll try to help. Cheers.

Sundy wrote: »
    You would think but all the pre-sales sold out in minutes. Seems the general sale did too

Being sold in portions, I would say. There'll be at least another round of ticket sales with club returns and travel agency returns in addition to reserves. Tickets on the street nearer to event will go to more Lions supporters than locals, in my opinion.

The game's profile is evidently lower than in 2001 in Australia and I don't see Lions supporters having any probs with tickets in Brissie, Melbourne (especially) or Sydney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd say the home nations ex-pats in Aus will be the biggest demograph of ticket buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Being sold in portions, I would say. There'll be at least another round of ticket sales with club returns and travel agency returns in addition to reserves. Tickets on the street nearer to event will go to more Lions supporters than locals, in my opinion.

The game's profile is evidently lower than in 2001 in Australia and I don't see Lions supporters having any probs with tickets in Brissie, Melbourne (especially) or Sydney.

Justin are you saying that tickets will be available at a reasonable price on the day of the game?

Hope your right as Im travelling and didnt get Test tickets this morning, hoping to pick up 2 on the day with out being totally screwed over.

Just think the only significant competition for tickets you'd have is from other Lions supporters and that there'll be plenty of returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Blut2

A friend of mine just got tickets for the Melbourne test. $500aud per ticket for premium seats, unlimited free drink and a free dinner apparently. A tad massively pricey but I'm still rather jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I was in oz for the 2001 lions tour. Here my experience...

Tickets were like gold dust for the Brisbane and Sydney tests. We were offered tickets to Melbourne test but couldn't gt reasonable transport down.

We literally couldn't get public transport into Brisbane the weekend of the test but couldn't get match tickets anyway. Watched the match in a pub in noosa heads

A few weeks later some third test tickets went on sale. This was for the Olympic stadium with a capacity of around 90k. My mate queued overnight from about 11pm at a ticketmaster booth in surfers paradise. He was first and by midnight there were 50 in the queue...by 7am there were hundreds. All lions fans.

I went back at hostel waiting to try online on ticketmaster once the tix went on sale at 8am.literally couldn't get onto website...kept crashing. By the time could log on 8mins later...match was sold out.

Ran across the road to my mate...Once booth had opened he bought the max allowable 4 tickets and the 2 people behind him did same...and that was all who got tickets.

Thing is, the game has slid there by some way since 2001. Would love to be proven wrong and see greater number of Aussies take up tickets but I wouldn't bet a stick on that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

perhaps but i dont think it is the aussie fans you'd be in competition with for tickets it will be all the british and irish expats...sure look at the amount of fans at the world cup

RuggieBear wrote: »
    perhaps but i dont think it is the aussie fans you'd be in competition with for tickets it will be all the british and irish expats...sure look at the amount of fans at the world cup

Thats what I reckon. Was just saying it would be nice if the Brisbanites and Sydneysiders showed up (forget about Melbourne. VICball rules everything there.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

And good bloody luck finding any tour coverage if you live in Melbourne! It's a rugby desert there when it comes to the print media.

Sundy wrote: »

Plenty of Irish ex-pats in Aussie these days, I assume!

• Advertisement

Thing is, the game has slid there by some way since 2001. Would love to be proven wrong and see greater number of Aussies take up tickets but I wouldn't bet a stick on that happening.

Yeah, the glory days of Eales, Larkham etc are a fairly distant memory...

The game has slid but the number of ex-pats is way up.
    Melbourne now has a S15 team and a fan base.

All those irish people that packed out NZ at the world cup are still here.

And if tickets sale take up is going to be so bad, why are they not releasing enough then for the people who ant to buy them?

Swiwi wrote: »
    Plenty of Irish ex-pats in Aussie these days, I assume!

And english, scottish, welsh an kiwis and SA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smurphy103

Hi,

I was just wondering how you got on purchasing tickets in the end. I'm planning to be in Brisbane for the first test but it appears to be difficult to get tickets while still in Ireland without paying a fortune for packages over the Lions website. Any help or suggestions welcome. :):)

I know forum rules ban Lions ticket sales, but a guy called Dylan rang me up, said he was a Kiwi, and would I do him a favour? Don't have any spare myself, but maybe someone could oblige. He said his name was Hart something ?Hartford. Actually, I remember now, it was Hartley, yes that's it. Dylan Hartley. Poor bugger, said his tour package had fallen through, something about red - I assume he meant red tape. Bloody Australia and its visa rules. Anyway, if anyone can help, PM me. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Swiwi wrote: »
    I know forum rules ban Lions ticket sales, but a guy called Dylan rang me up, said he was a Kiwi, and would I do him a favour? Don't have any spare myself, but maybe someone could oblige. He said his name was Hart something ?Hartford. Actually, I remember now, it was Hartley, yes that's it. Dylan Hartley. Poor bugger, said his tour package had fallen through, something about red - I assume he meant red tape. Bloody Australia and its visa rules. Anyway, if anyone can help, PM me. Cheers.

Tell your mate Dylan I got 2 spare tickets. He can meet me down a back alley way to collect them. Oh and tell him to come alone too:D

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Tell your mate Dylan I got 2 spare tickets. He can meet me down a back alley way to collect them. Oh and tell him to come alone too:D

He's desperate, but not that desperate. There are some things he won't trade for tickets...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There is a couple of friendly "Classics/Legends" games on before the 1st and the 3rd Tests in Brisbane and Sydney for anyone who's going over

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/9245/Default.aspx

Advertisement