Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Smackdown SPOILERS for 8th Feb 2013

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:54am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭

WWE Smackdown TV taping results
    February 5, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fla.
    Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent

Smackdown SPOILERS 2/8

- Big Show was shown arriving in his bus after being told by his driver that the coast is clear. Show came to the ring and complained about the fans's double standard. "Because I'm not popular, it's fair to attack me?" Show said we're cheating a criminal in Alberto Del Rio. "When you're popular, you can do anything you want to. I just don't get you people. You call ME a bully and a bad person?" he said.

Show announced to the crowd that Del Rio was suspended. He held Booker T accountable because is jealous of Show's accomplishments, ability, wealth, and career longevity. Booker interrupted to a great live reaction. He accused Show of being a bully toward Ricardo Rodriguez and the fans. But, Show accused Booker of feeding Del Rio his hotel information to attack him during Raw.

Booker said he treated all Superstars equally, and the fact that he suspended Del Rio is proof of that. But, Show again asked, "Who gave Alberto my hotel details?" Booker avoided the question and informed Show that he would face Kane tonight.

(1) Cody Rhodes pinned Kofi Kingston with Cross Rhodes. Nice, dominant first Smackdown victory for Rhodes during his new singles run. Poor Kofi, though. At least he has a cool ring entrance.

(2) Great Khali squashed Titus O'Neil.

- Post-match, Mark Henry's music played to a great ovation. Henry hit the ring and decimated Khali with World's Strongest Slam. Loud "Welcome Back" chants followed. Henry then got on the mic and said the Hall of Pain is now open again. This led to a recap of Henry's attacks from Raw. "That! Is what I do!" he shouted. Henry said it's Booker's fault for not calling him to compete in the Chamber match. "How do you forget the strongest man who ever lived?!" Henry shouted. Henry demanded an explanation.

Booker T came out and said Henry can't expect results by bum-rushing the roster. He said there is no room in the Chamber for him. Henry responded that if there isn't room, then he will make room. Henry threatened to take everyone else. Booker replied by saying that if Henry beats Randy Orton tonight, then he will qualify for the Chamber.

(3) Big Show beat Kane with the WMD in quick fashion.

- Post-match, Del Rio was shown in the parking lot. He told Big Show that he made some changes to Show's tour bus and invited him backstage to take a look. Big Show arrived in the parking lot to find his bus on blocks, wheels removed. As Big Show lamented over the bus, Del Rio poured a bucket of orange paint off the roof onto Show's head. Del Rio drove off as Show hollered in anger.

(4) Jack Swagger squashed Justin Gabriel.

(5) Tensai beat Drew McIntyre via DQ. Tensai hit a two-handed chokeslam and went for the pin, but 3MB ambushed him. Brodus Clay made the save, then they danced in the ring.

(6) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro squashed Sin Cara. Cesaro won with the Neutralizer.

(7) Mark Henry beat Randy Orton clean with the World's Strongest Slam to qualify for the Chamber match.

End of Smackdown taping.

Post-taping, Big Show called out Del Rio. Del Rio obliged and met him in the ring for a slugfest. Del Rio capitalized with a chair and sent Show reeling to the back. And, that's all for tonight.

[Credit: PWTorch]

Good to see Mark Henry back in action and in the EC match. Looks like Kofi is being jobbed out since he lost the intercontinental title.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I f*cking love Mark Henry. Put the title on him now please. Just so great in his role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Looks like Kofi is being jobbed out since he lost the intercontinental title.

Since? He was being jobbed out long before he lost the title :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Since? He was being jobbed out long before he lost the title :P

But at least he had a shinny title to distract us from that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Orton out of the chamber? Chaps lost all momentum.

Good. Bland genericheel#2 anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

xpletiv wrote: »

I don't think he's out, I think all that result means is Henry def in the Chamber. Orton still has another week to earn his spot.

• Advertisement

Its not actually clear from the results there whether the winner gets in or if its also the case that the loser isn't. I'd say Orton will end up in it, he's not doing much else at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've a theory that the only reason Kofi gets his intermittent singles runs is so he can garner heat for the other 11 months of the year that he's jobbing. He's built to stagnate, seemingly. Also, Orton is well and truly midcard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Orton will take Sheamus's chamber spot next week hopefully start his heel turn and feud with Sheamus heading into WM

Cena has challenged the Shield to a match at EC with Ryback and Sheamus as his partners so unless Sheamus is doing double duty at the ppv I'd say he will be out of SD's chamber match

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Did they not confirm on Raw that Orton and D.Bryan are in the Chamber on commentary?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sheamus was never named as in the chamber match.

yeah, Cole was talking as if Orton was already in the chamber match. I can't be sure if he was announced as part of the chamber as I tuned out of the Orton v Wade weekly match. Rey was defo announced as in the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Did they not confirm on Raw that Orton and D.Bryan are in the Chamber on commentary?

He's been advertised for the best part of a week.

20130201_LIGHT_EC_match_6man_C-homepage2.jpg

I think it's safe enough to assume that Mark Henry and Swagger are getting in. I wouldn't mind seeing some form of mini-tournament on the EC PPV to determine the last spot, like a fatal-fourway or somesuch, but nothing too muddled as to not exhaust the crowd for the main-eventing multiman match. It'd give a couple of prominent guys something to do, as in Rhodes, Miz et al, and add something a bit substantial to the usual PPV 'bonus' match stuff.

Granted, logic dictates Kane should nab the last EC spot, due to his stuff with Bryan, but him not being in the match could add just as much dissension and contention as him actually making it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wasnt SD's chamber match made last week with the participants named as they won qualifying matches :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think so, wasn't Swagger saying he should get into the match after his victory over Kofi? Either way, he's not in officially.

Very confusing this year. Us there gonna be one chamber match or two this year?

Looking like only one.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wasnt SD's chamber match made last week with the participants named as they won qualifying matches :confused:

Yes the spoilers at the time did state that but apparently the show that aired had a different stance on things and none were announced as official entries until this past week on Raw. With Henry as the 4th entry announced that leaves 2 spots left to fill with one week to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Best to my knowledge it will be one. With the Shield match being a standard six man tag.

A Rock match and two chambers would probably be too much crowd and time wise.

Rooting bigtime for a Henry win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

First Santino then Gabriel, will it be Ryder or Kofi to be squashed next by the new and improved but more importantly AGGRESSIVE ~! Swagger?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    First Santino then Gabriel, will it be Ryder or Kofi to be squashed next by the new and improved but more importantly AGGRESSIVE ~! Swagger?

Kofi was defeated by Swagger on last week's Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Kofi was defeated by Swagger on last week's Smackdown.

Was he aggressive?

So its Ryder next then.

6jovms.png

HAHAHAHA! What an image! It's brilliant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very boring episode this week,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tell Me Booker T is not going to have a match at Mania v the Big Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Are they setting up Swagger to win EC or is it Henry's spot? No way do Kane or Daniel Bryan win it IMO. They'll be facing off at mania dropping the belts at EC to prime time players maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Are they setting up Swagger to win EC or is it Henry's spot? No way do Kane or Daniel Bryan win it IMO. They'll be facing off at mania dropping the belts at EC to prime time players maybe?

I doubt the PTP will be getting a title shot on the PayPerView if Bryan and Kane are already booked to be in the chamber match. More likely that Hell No will face off at Mania (if that's what they're doing) against each other while still holding the tag team titles, like Rey and Eddie did at WrestleMania 21.

I'd much rather see a 4way elimination match at Mania for the belts myself. They should be defended on the biggest show of the year.

Advertisement