Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64 control ports

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:08am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Any peeps know a quick fix for a non registering N64 control port?
    Or am I doomed to trawl the Sunday markets looking for a replacement not soaked in pee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its not something I've ever experienced, have yo tried cleaning it with a small toothbrush or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

I've never actually taken apart a n64 myself but just thinking about it these things come to mind as possible reasons.

The controller port may need to be replaced due to wear and tear of the contacts inside it,
    Or the actual contacts that connect the port to the board may have a cold solder joint or need to be re-soldered.

But like enternow said above me it could be something just as simple as dust or something lodged in there and cleaning it is all that is needed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok, thanks, will rob the wife's toothbrush and get cracking!

Advertisement