Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Panning in Waterford

Options
  • 05-02-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all!

Have been doing some looking into gold in Ireland and am becoming very interested!!
    I was wondering if anyone has panned for gold in Waterford???
    I would love to hear that someone has found some here!
    Any stories from near or far would be apreciated!
    (except ones from Wicklow, have read loads about that already! lol)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Moved from Collectibles & Antiques. I thought it would be more appropriate here. Mods, please feel free to move it back if it isn't suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

The geology of Tramore is fairly complicated. Its a mixture of igneous intrusions & Sedimentary sand and mudstones (with a unique trilobite fossil). Now there is copper running from Tramore to Bunmahon I've never read (or seen while fossil hunting) any gold bearing formations. But then again I've never looked either. Best I ever got panning was in the Doo Lough Valley in Mayo.

But sure, you can always looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leeroy12000

invalid wrote: »
    The geology of Tramore is fairly complicated. Its a mixture of igneous intrusions & Sedimentary sand and mudstones (with a unique trilobite fossil). Now there is copper running from Tramore to Bunmahon I've never read (or seen while fossil hunting) any gold bearing formations. But then again I've never looked either. Best I ever got panning was in the Doo Lough Valley in Mayo.

But sure, you can always looks.

Heya Invalid.
    So I take it you a geologist type??
    Very interesting! This is the denactment I find myself lacking..
    Please do keep an eye peeledrops and if you do see anything that spikes ur intetest I would love to know about it!!
    Cheers for the input!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Farce

Try the coolbawn river near aughrim
    There is a homeless guy has a cabin there

Advertisement