Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current good value Satnav?

• 05-02-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a new Satnav. Have an old Aris or Airis or something like that but maps can be updated on it. It was great in its day as it had the early version of "full" Irish mapping however the downside was a lack of updating ability so it's well out of date now. (pre-motorways etc)

Have been using Google Maps on my phone for the past few years but would rather get a dedicated unit as I travel up North a bit and into UK and normally have data turned off when roaming.

Pretty much decided I'd like Lifetime Updates to be included so that'll probably limit me to Garmin but I havnt a clue what to pick out. 4" / 5" / 6" standard / widescreen etc

Halfords have a few online like the Nuvi 2515LM for 119.99 or the Nuvi 50LM for 129.99. Am I missing out anything by just limiting my seach to these two? 50LM has Western Europe mapping also so looks a better option of the two.

I dont really need any bluetooth features etc as I have a phonekit so just an up-to-date unit is my only real requirement.

I also see mysatnav.ie have a 2545LM for 169.99.

Am I right in thinking hte 40/50LM series is a newer version of the 2415/2515 series?

Other options considered as I havent really liked the Garmins whenever I've used someone elses although it's probably just down to not having my hands on them for long enough to get used to things like the timing of announcements / auto zoom settings. I did seem to be getting on better with the last unit I used on a long trip across Scotland.

Comments

Advertisement