Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC - updating Android version

Options
  • 05-02-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering if there is any shop in the Galway area, where I can get my (American) HTC Inspire 4G's Andriod version updated? It is currently running 2.3.3, and it is a bit buggy. I have heard of rooting,flashing and costum ROMs, but would just prefer to get a professional to do it for me, as I don't want to brick the phone. If anybody can recommend some place, or someone in Galway city, I would really appricate it :) Would be willing to give it to one of our clever Boardies, if any one knows their stuff ;)

thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Same phone as my Desire Hd - just re branded for different market. I rooted and flashed my first rom a few years back (with no previous knowledge) and it really does improve the phone. It's very hard to do anything wrong following tutorials on XDA, if you were in dublin I would have offered to do it.

I'm sure there's someone down that way that could do it for you?? It's not something you should have to pay for. I suggest looking up how to do it yourself though, not too hard IMO.

This is a good resource for some reading
    http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/489044-desire-hd-all-things-root-guide.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

kennethk wrote: »
    but would just prefer to get a professional to do it for me
    I highly doubt there any any "professionals" out there.
    bricky06 wrote: »
    It's not something you should have to pay for.
    If you are happy enough to do it for free all well and good but time is money and I don't see why somebody should do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

There is a poster who was setting up an online business to do stuff just like this a few months back - sorry, I can't think of his/her username now.

Anyone else know??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

There's a fella in Eglington St in Galway who will probably do what you want. www.electronicpartner.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Kavrocks wrote: »
    If you are happy enough to do it for free all well and good but time is money and I don't see why somebody should do it for free.

The android dev community is very helpful and you'll find people willing to help each other out a lot when it comes to these kind of things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement