Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipped Xbox

Options
  • 05-02-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys
    I just found my sons old xbox in the attic and remembered it was chipped and filled with all the old arcade games but now they seem to be gone!

So is there any where i can leave it in to get them put back on or is it easy to do myself?

Any info much appreciated... Dying to play Bubble Bobble and bomb jack!

Thanks lads

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Read the charter dude, posting where to get backups, how to install or run backups or pretty much anything like what you want isn't allowed here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dickiedocker

Read the charter dude, posting where to get backups, how to install or run backups or pretty much anything like what you want isn't allowed here

Thanks Dude

Are people allowed pm me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks Dude

Are people allowed pm me?

What is it your trying to do? Is it put roms back onto the hdd in the Xbox for arcade emulators etc?

Obviously we can't help you find the roms on the net etc, but if your asking how to transfer said roms to the Xbox thats prob something we could help you with...assuming said roms are the older public domain ones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dickiedocker

EnterNow wrote: »

What is it your trying to do? Is it put roms back onto the hdd in the Xbox for arcade emulators etc?

Obviously we can't help you find the roms on the net etc, but if your asking how to transfer said roms to the Xbox thats prob something we could help you with...assuming said roms are the older public domain ones ;)

Thank You EnterNow

For answering my question with something constructive and not just calling me Dude?!

I apologise for asking something which is not allowed and yes i would like to know how to transfer said roms to the Xbox

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

For answering my question with something constructive and not just calling me Dude?!

Is that an issue for you or am I missing something? For the record it's an expression not a derision, much like mate, bro, man and plenty of others.

You essentially asked us to point you in the direction of a place that would put games you do not own onto your console. If you owned them you'd know how to do it. And I pointed you to the charter since if you'd read it you would have stated you wanted games that were in the public domain put onto the console and there'd be no issue. In reading that charter you possibly avoided a ban, but because it wasn't what you wanted to hear (and I called you dude) I'm not being constructive.

Good to know, I've just been schooled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thank You EnterNow

I apologise for asking something which is not allowed and yes i would like to know how to transfer said roms to the Xbox

Cheers

No need to be offended by being called Dude man, TV was only trying to make you aware of the rules of the site. As for apologizing, its not me you owe that to ;)

Regards transferring public domain roms onto your Xbox, the best method is to connect it to your router & ftp them across with the likes of Filezilla or something. You can also burn them to disc, & use the file browser in whatever dash your running to copy them from the disc & place them in the necessary directory for the emulator to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Advertisement