Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaujany, Marmotte & Etape 2013

Options
  • 05-02-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

First of all, it was still possible to sign up for these races as of 1st Feb 2013. If you haven't registered for the Marmotte yet you'll have to sign up for the whole Grand Trophee series which is 4 races and includes the Vaujany. The Vaujany is on 30th June, Marmotte 6th July, Etape 7th July. Accomodation is hard to get, especially in Bourg d'Oisans for the Marmotte. I want to make contact with anyone doing these races to see if we can share some transport/digs. I read about difficulty booking bikes on flights already, but that's just for Geneva because of the clash with the Etape. I'm sure it'll be ok flying into Lyon. Anyway, I'm finding it hard/impossible to get accomodation in Bourg d'Osians. I also want to get to Annecy straight after the Marmotte. I have a truck I can bring if all else fails so keep in touch if you want in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

A few of us did the Grand Trophée a few years ago - we stayed in Alp d'Huez. There's loads of ski accommodation up there though it's a lot quieter (and colder - though that might be a good thing) than Bourg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dave595

Hello,
    I'm trying to register for the Marmotte this July, but on-line registration is closed. Does anyone have a spare entry ticket? Or advice on how to enter?
    I don't have time to do the Trophée d'Oisans package as I'll only be arriving on Thursday 4 July.
    Can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bermo

@Dave595
    Look it, pay for the Trophee and ignore the other races. Go on, just fork out to do the Marmotte and I'll see you up the Sallyer some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Hi Bermo,

Are you still looking for accomodation in Bourg? I reckon I might have something as it looks like one or two of the guys planning on going with me can't go after all.

I am flying to Lyon on the Thursday, have the accomodation booked from that evening.

@Dave, I might have a spare entry as well, don't think you can transfer the entries but except for having to look for someone else name it makes no difference.

NOTE - Not certain about the cancellations yet.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Cycling Training Logs

• Advertisement

Hi Leroy42,

Let me know once you can confirm that spare entry. I'd be interested in taking it.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

After DaveAlso 595, Also interested in any spare Marmotte entries, as are at least 2 friends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭redmenace1

Hi folks

A friend of mine was asking about accommodation in the area of Annecy and also Bourg D'Oisan in the week running up to the Etape. I said I'd have a look but options online seem limited.
    Has anyone any advice - I know its late in the day................but if anyone can help that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

redmenace1 wrote: »
    Hi folks

A friend of mine was asking about accommodation in the area of Annecy and also Bourg D'Oisan in the week running up to the Etape. I said I'd have a look but options online seem limited.
    Has anyone any advice - I know its late in the day................but if anyone can help that would be great

Bourg is a relatively small town. There should be more accommodation available in Alpe dHuez as its a ski resort and never full in the summer. An alternative is Les deux alpes, another ski resort about 20km away. In summer the ski resorts are like ghost towns and accommodation is normally plentiful.

OK, I definitley have one entry available, still not sure about the other one, will try to get an answer in the next few days but my guess would be that I should have two spare entries.

You can't transfer entries, so you will have to sign in as this person, but they don't ask for ID etc (a doc cert does).

• Advertisement

@Leroy42 and @Consey
    In the meantime I managed to get an entry (with back-up service). Thanks for the offer though. Maybe Consey is still interested.

Alright Dave595 NP.

Consey, I have two entries available if you still want them for Marmotte.

@ Leroy, sorry for late response, but is that accomodation the night before the Marmotte still available?

@bermo - sorry but no. I actually gave up the spot altogether. Was lucky that the guy you owns it swapped it with another owner, so I am now staying in another place with just one bed and cheaper! He was able to give me back my deposit as it was a swap.

@Leroy, no problem. Might see you over there. I still need accomodation the night before in Bourg or Alpe d'Huez if anyone has something available?

Advertisement