Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

troutandsalmonfishingforum

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what the story with this forum is - it seems to have completely disappeared?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

okedoke wrote: »
    does anyone know what the story with this forum is - it seems to have completely disappeared?

The owners closed it down on Sunday evening and never gave us a proper excuse as to why
    It was a great forum do who knows why it closed a buddy of mine is trying to set one up for us irish anglers will keep u posted when he does

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Cheers - let me know if anything happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

There must not have been space

How do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

irish salmon anglers on facebook if anyone,s interested all colours creeds and religions are welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

Just in case you haven't found it before, this UK based forum is very good. There are plenty of Irish anglers posting there.
    http://www.flyforums.co.uk/

a lad i know has started a new forum for the irish lads its called
    irishanging.freeforums.net if anyone is interested its brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

http://www.irishangling.freeforums.net/board/1/forum

Had a look, quiet so far.
    I use the english one as well, flyforums. Be nice to have something local.

Pity it won't let me log in.

seems to work fine for me after setting up a new account

• Advertisement

In the background i'm logged in, but when redirected to the main page it says guest. If i try to login in i'm already logged in then i'm redirected back to the home page a guest?

In the background i'm logged in, but when redirected to the main page it says guest. If i try to login in i'm already logged in then i'm redirected back to the home page a guest?

I am having same problem I will let him know shortly he will sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

fishing.ie is a relatively new forum

can't log in now either

can't log in now either

He said it should be sorted now he is doing this on his own and it's all new to him so if anyone wants to give him a hand I say he be delighted

Is it gone again?

It,s a bit clanish i felt ya wiouldn,t get a response of many unless ya were from dublin or the surrounding areas i went back and posted a couple a times but lost interest in the place not very user friendly.

madchild wrote: »
    It,s a bit clanish i felt ya wiouldn,t get a response of many unless ya were from dublin or the surrounding areas i went back and posted a couple a times but lost interest in the place not very user friendly.

I wouldn't be surprised if ur man pulled it down again, lost interest in it when they pulled it offline last time, it's a shame really used to be very good before until new fella took it over

Sure get one going here or start one. i,ll join either one if ya get it going

Sure get one going here or start one. i,ll join either one if ya get it going

A buddy set one up the last time they closed the forum down, everybody went back to the other forum when it opened again but maybe we could get it going again when they come back
    It's called irishanglingforum.com if u want to have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

I used to post on it a few years back but gave up. It's a BIT clanish? Totally clanish. But a lot further south than Dublin.

Welll i registered on the one above yesterday it,s very quiet but i,ll log in a couple a times a week to try and get it moving along having a forum thats as clanish at that other one will never last.

Welll i registered on the one above yesterday it,s very quiet but i,ll log in a couple a times a week to try and get it moving along having a forum thats as clanish at that other one will never last.

I can guarrentee it won't be a clannish forum if u knew the lad that runs it he is well laid back, all we need to do is get it noticed and get people posting there got it to pick

Them lads peel oranges in their pockets.

no sign of the forum opening again - it says on the page it opens on the 24th august - anyone know the story?

no sign of the forum opening again - it says on the page it opens on the 24th august - anyone know the story?

I know ya I was waiting for it to open again they could at least let people know what the story is

realrebel wrote: »
    I know ya I was waiting for it to open again they could at least let people know what the story is

Personally I wouldn't be bothered posting much on it. Lots of good experienced anglers contributed lots of good useful info on the old forum and where is it now?
    The same will happen again. Don't waste your time.

i know ya I will be the same as you flysfisher, I used to post in the old one everyday but when it changed over it went downhill big time
    I think the new one will be the same I think

Advertisement