Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find list of courses with 400 notional hours, complete one ASAP

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

All the courses I have found listed show Awards/Accreditation as "Credits at X NFQ level", indicating that different levels on the NFQ have different definition or "value" of Credits. Is that true?

Elsewhere I see references to Credits being equal to 10hrs Notional Learning Hours.

The problem for me is that for International Recognition I need to have a qualification with 400 notional learning hours at a minimum. Our NFQ level itself isnt really an issue, its the hours requirement.
    Anything in ICT or Business would do, its just a Skill Point assessment (with NZQA).

I was caught out as I have a level 6 Fetac Award but it was 200notional hours and also have pre-Hetac Diploma partially completed (in Project Management) which despite granting me Credits on the former National Framework cannot be counted (as it wasnt completed fully, missing 2 modules out of 7).
    Annoyingly I also have 12years in IT / Business Management as actual work experience which will not be recognized as Prior Learning (in NZ, it might be elsewhere).

I just need to find and complete any course (with some relevance obviously) with the basic 400hrs Notional hrs (but fast as possible in real hours) to bump my Skill Assessment points.. It can be down as low as FETAC 4 or 5 even... any ideas?

Advertisement