Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean install?

Options
  • 05-02-2013 1:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an old macbook - about 4 years old at this stage I think, it came with Leopard OSX which was giving me lots of problems. I eventually managed to update it with the CD to Snow leopard (Apparently you can't go any higher than this) and although it did fix a few problems, its still far from perfect. It's seems to pause/stall a bit, and its often a bit gerky and laggy when I have a few youtube tabs open, it never remember my network settings which is annoying.

I'd prefer to do a total clean install of Snow Leopard - I have everything backed up I'd just like a fresh install and start again. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?
    Thanks
    Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Put in your CD of Snow Leopard and restart the Mac and hold "C" During Start up.

You can then Reinstall Snow Leopard

Advertisement