Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a snooker/pool club

Options
  • 05-02-2013 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all

Posted here done months ago on this subject but didnt get many replies. Basically I would like to open a pool and snooker club in my town as there is none at present. There is plenty of interest in the game here also.

It's just I am not sure on how to even start and would really like some helpful info from experienced people who know what they are talking about! I have very little money though! Could I make a living out of running a club? Even if it just had say 5 pool tables and maybe 3 snooker tables??

If you can give some advice then please do. Or in fact about any other profitable business either online or otherwise!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tommy890

where you thinking. Would love to do the same myself but have same questions as you. Not sure of scene in the area. Id imagine you'd have to get onto pool snooker table supplier and work on a shared basis re profit
    Greenbaize wrote: »
    Hi all

Posted here done months ago on this subject but didnt get many replies. Basically I would like to open a pool and snooker club in my town as there is none at present. There is plenty of interest in the game here also.

It's just I am not sure on how to even start and would really like some helpful info from experienced people who know what they are talking about! I have very little money though! Could I make a living out of running a club? Even if it just had say 5 pool tables and maybe 3 snooker tables??

If you can give some advice then please do. Or in fact about any other profitable business either online or otherwise!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

I was thinking of that myself but not anymore. I have seen a pool hall closed down in Waterford after only 6 months of opening due to Irish economy problems. I have a friend who used to run his snooker hall years ago, could give you his email for his advice. He was also a semi professional years ago.

Advertisement