Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexy lingerie, Valentines etc

Options
  • 04-02-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Being a girl here, I have been bombarded with "seduce your boyfriend with sexy lingerie" ads from pretty much every single shop in town and every single tv/newspaper. Gets worse now since it's Valentine's time.

Guess I was just wondering - are you guys really into the stocks & suspenders/lacey underwear, pole dancing and/or baby-dolls etc?

Is it sexy for you if your girl shows up with this sort of thing for a special night or is it a bit "meh"?

What would be over the top/cheesy?

Thanks a million for your honest replies!!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'd be definitely on the "meh" end of the scale. Doesn't do anything for me. It's all about the intimacy, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thing is, OP, everyone is different. But I think a good rule of thumb is that if wearing that stuff makes you feel sexy, it'll probably do the same to your partner.

Both myself and my partner are female, and without putting too fine a point on it, I look and feel remarkably stupid in 'sexy' lingerie. It does NOTHING for my confidence, and the one time I tried it, well... It didn't end well at all. My total lack of confidence shone through and it made both of us incredibly uncomfortable.

For her, though, the opposite is true, so it all depends on the individuals involved. It also depends on your mood, sometimes you're in the mood for sexy, sometimes you're in the mood for sweet. Not saying those two things can't go together, but a basque, stocking and suspenders doesn't say "let's cuddle afterwards". You know?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,169 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

As a bloke, I'd be very appreciative of the fact that my partner had gone to all the effort, and presented herself and her body in a way that said she wanted to be physically attractive to me, even if she had to invoke a few fairly cheesy stereotypes along the way.

It's not that the sight of my partner in erotic lingerie would inflame my lustful desires. (The sight of my partner in a plain t-shirt can do that.) But her willingness to use her body in that way to signal an appetite for sex with me would certainly do the trick.

But that would only work if she was, in fact, physically confident. If she's plainly uncomfortable in erotic lingerie, that actually sends a fairly mixed signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yes, dress up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I like it. But you have to know there taste too. Wrong lingerie much less effective.

Right stuff, love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Over the top would be anything with fluffy stuff.

Stockings/Suspenders would be a winner with most blokes I'd of thought.

The only thing to consider is whether or not the preference would be for corset or nightie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

They are just in the way, plain and simple get them off ye, however ! you may want to consult with this chap before hand, it maybe his bag, or it may not be his bag ...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

cantdecide wrote: »
    I'd be definitely on the "meh" end of the scale. Doesn't do anything for me. It's all about the intimacy, IMO.

Please take note that this answer got zero "thanks"

Cant believe this is even a debate, dress up, right now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yes, bang it all on... don't tell him... surprise is even better...

BoooM!

awec wrote: »
    I can. There is a variety of tastes among men. Not all men are in to the lingerie thing.

Agreed, but i would eat a sock, if a woman who got dressed up for her man was, "kicked out of bed" for wear lingerie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Stockings/Suspenders and your in for a devilish night....unless he's an altar boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

IK09 wrote: »
    Agreed, but i would eat a sock, if a woman who got dressed up for her man was, "kicked out of bed" for wear lingerie.

Nobody's suggesting any man would. But, different strokes for different folks. Not everybody goes mad for lingerie.

So it depends on the bf OP. I'd say the majority of men would appreciate the effort and would enjoy it. Definite big +1 though on your own comfort and confidence. Most decent men wouldn't enjoy seeing their partner clearly self conscious and uncomfortable in sexy lingerie.

who said anything about making someone self conscious or uncomfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Some women would likely feel self conscious/uncomfortable in certain types of lingerie,I would have thought that was pretty obvious.

Anyway,op,my girl friend loves dressing up in stockings and what not and according to her,it makes her feel super sensual and confident so I reckon go for what ever makes you feel good because believe me,it's a massive turn on for me,and I'm sure the majority of men,to see their partner exuding sexual confidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

These lovely folks :)
    Both myself and my partner are female, and without putting too fine a point on it, I look and feel remarkably stupid in 'sexy' lingerie. It does NOTHING for my confidence, and the one time I tried it, well... It didn't end well at all. My total lack of confidence shone through and it made both of us incredibly uncomfortable.
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    But that would only work if she was, in fact, physically confident. If she's plainly uncomfortable in erotic lingerie, that actually sends a fairly mixed signal.

Please take note that this answer got zero "thanks"

Cant believe this is even a debate, dress up, right now

I thanked it.

A lot of people find skin-on-skin intimacy to be more erotic than the contrivance of 'sexy' outfits. There's a world of difference between pretty underwear and the so-called sexy, but mostly cheap looking Valentines offerings.

Red nylon *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

There is no need for a debate.

Yes Yes Yes....

Men are visual animals. You will probably have a fair idea what your partner likes and if not you can ask or hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

One of my exes liked to wear lingerie and while personally I never found it a turn on I always told her it was nice as I knew she put a lot of effort into going out and searching for what she thought was the perfect outfit.

I know it is a big turn on for some men but not everyone.

Advertisement