Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2003 Error 91

Options
  • 04-02-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

hi Guys

hopefully someone can help me out. I have a pc with vista on it that I havent used in a while so i started using it this week and all going ok except outlook 2003. I have my email account set up, its IMAP and I can receive emails no problem but if I try to send an email it wont let me. I get a message error 91 and I have to close outlook.

I tired to google the error and got loads of answer that didnt make any sense to me. So hopefully some on boards.ie can help me out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Capefear,
    The error, you faced is known as 'Run Time Error'. You can install your operating system again and no need to alter any setting with Outlook application. See also a helpful reference:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927158/en-us

Regards :
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

janeparker wrote: »
    You can install your operating system again
    Regards :
    Jane
    Any less drastic solution, Jane?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Esel wrote: »
    Any less drastic solution, Jane?

Hi sorry I never got this error sorted and im after installing Microsoft office 365 on the computer and all works fine except Microsoft outlook :-(

Any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

now this may not be of any help, but are you with Eircom?

if so, have a look at your server settings and ensure your SMTP is set to 25.
    it sometimes changes and that stops you sending mail.

other than that i'm of no help.

here is a link, all be it for 2010 but might be of some use.

Just fixed a problem like this today while at work using this. :D

http://www.authsmtp.com/outlook-2010/default-port.html

important: don't sign up for anything, where it says something about authsmpt.com just use mail2.eircom.net, or leave whatever is in it if its similar.

may be of no use seeing as i could receive email, but not send it.

might help someone else hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As the post you are replying to is 9 years old the problem has either been resolved or the windows vista pc is no longer used. What is it with new accounts adding copy-and-paste answers to really old threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Another one bites the dust...

Advertisement