Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shisha/Hookah Tobacco questions

Options
  • 04-02-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it there would be any implications if I order some shisha tobacco (not tobacco free) from starbuzz or alfakher online to Dublin? I mean would there be like import charges or the such? If yes, would you happen to know how much would that be?

I can't find any place here that sells anything other than tobacco free thing, and all the posts on this forum relating to that are 2 or 3 years old, so all are outdated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Irish duty would be due on the tobacco. If the company is in the EU it's up to them to sort out their tax affairs with Irish Revenue before shipping the tobacco. If they don't it's liable for seizure, though in practice I don't know how much this actually happens.

If they're outside the EU you have to pay the tax yourself. Revenue will hold the parcel and send you a bill. When you pay that, An Post will release the package. There's more on this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 minibigboss

Did I just read that right on this??

The amount that would be paid for Excise Duty only is 191.022 Euro per kilogram?? That's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it there would be any implications if I order some shisha tobacco (not tobacco free) from starbuzz or alfakher online to Dublin? I mean would there be like import charges or the such? If yes, would you happen to know how much would that be?

I can't find any place here that sells anything other than tobacco free thing, and all the posts on this forum relating to that are 2 or 3 years old, so all are outdated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I dont know where you are located but I think some of the Middle Eastern shops In Coolmine Industrial Estate sell Shisha Tobacco. May also find it in some of the shops in Moore Street, Camden Street and I think in the shop attached to the Mosque out in Clonskeagh.

Regards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The amount that would be paid for Excise Duty only is 191.022 Euro per kilogram?
    Looks like it. And you can add VAT to that. Ireland is not known for the cheapness of its tobacco.

Advertisement