Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filing an annual return / year end ??

Options
  • 04-02-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

Seeking advice about filing accounts / annual return:

-Company was set up in April 2011,
    -In October 2011 I filed a B1 form with no accounts (as not required)
    -In October 2012 I field a B1 form with no accounts and also a B73 form (moved my ARD date to 31st December 2012) in hind sight this was a mistake.
    -I have now filed a B1 and am about to send in the accounts but I am unsure of my year end

-I have never filed any form to amend my year end, can I assume it is the date of incorporation and I should now return accounts for April 2011 - April 2012.

I have made such a mess of this I know I need to now consult with a professional accountancy firm, before doing so I would like to have a better understanding of what is now required or at minimum establish my year end date.

Any help, guidance is welcome. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

Presumably you filed the B1 online. What financial year did you put on the B1?

The ARD cannot be more than 9 months after the year-end. Therefore, the earliest year-end your company can have is 31 March.

The first set of accounts must cover the date from incorporation up to period/year end. The accounts need not be for a full year.

Do you realise the accounts must be prepared in accordance with the companies acts and accounting standards?

You need to address this ASAP as you risk losing audit exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

smeharg wrote: »
    Presumably you filed the B1 online. What financial year did you put on the B1?

The ARD cannot be more than 9 months after the year-end. Therefore, the earliest year-end your company can have is 31 March.

The first set of accounts must cover the date from incorporation up to period/year end. The accounts need not be for a full year.

Do you realise the accounts must be prepared in accordance with the companies acts and accounting standards?

You need to address this ASAP as you risk losing audit exemption.

Very well put by smeharg, but I would like to add

If you complied with the requirements of an ARD of 31 December (and filed online on 28 January - the last day available), you need to have signed accounts submitted in hardcopy to the CRO on or before 25 February 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andrewsunbeam

I rechecked the B1 form submitted. In a moment of madness I actually designated my year end as 31st December 2012. So now I have an ARD and Year end on the same day. Should I prepare accounts covering a 21 month period from April 2011 to December 2012. I should ad that this company is currently non trading.

I know this is a lesson in how not to do it: I am just eager to get out of the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

I rechecked the B1 form submitted. In a moment of madness I actually designated my year end as 31st December 2012. So now I have an ARD and Year end on the same day. Should I prepare accounts covering a 21 month period from April 2011 to December 2012. I should ad that this company is currently non trading.

I know this is a lesson in how not to do it: I am just eager to get out of the mess.

Generally, you would try to maximise the length of time between your year-end and the ARD. If you prepared accounts to 31 December each year it wouldn't leave you much time to prepare accounts, file them etc.

You should speak to your accoutant about the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Ya 21 months accounts to 31 Dec 12 but if you have no trade then its only a balance sheet showing share capital and cash so its straight forward enough but ring an accountant tomorrow as if you miss the 28 day deadline from the date you filed online then its audit and thats a whole different ball game.

You may be able to file the accounts again on 30 Sept 2013 with your 2013 return and that will realign the year end with the ARD.

TALK to an accountant tomorrow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement