Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI migration from ATM cards to Debit Cards - LEVY

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Late last year, I got notified from bank of ireland saying that they were switching me from an ATM card to a Visa Debit card. All went smoothly....no complaints there.

This week, two fees appeared on my account. A government levy for an ATM (2.50) and a government levy for a Visa Debit (5eur).

I questioned this and they said my ATM card had not been cancelled and so was charged the levy. However, they did check my history and as my ATM card was not used since 31st dec 2012, they would refund my levy. It all went smoothly and there are no issues, but just wanted to put it out there incase others aren't questioning both levies!!

Advertisement