Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Tesla S on sale in Europe now, anyone buying one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

As much as I hate on EVs, I just cannot hate on this one:
    tesla-model-s-sunset-628-1354200468.jpg

The "cheaper" 60Kw version sounds interesting, about the same price as a well spec'ed decent engine (ie not 520d) 5 series and hits some decent numbers:

- 330km range
    - RWD with 302bhp and 407nm torque
    - 190kph (ok weak for Autobahn but perfect for everywhere else)
    - 0-60 in 5.9seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Saw a documentary about the mostly automated factory setup & about the car in general recently.

It's on youtube here. Very interesting watch.

It's an impressive machine to be fair! The dashboard has one giant touchscreen with very few buttons too. Wonder if those prices include Irish VRT & if they will make any in RHD (unlikely I'd say).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Matt Simis wrote: »
    As much as I hate on EVs, I just cannot hate on this one:
    tesla-model-s-sunset-628-1354200468.jpg

The "cheaper" 60Kw version sounds interesting, about the same price as a well spec'ed decent engine (ie not 520d) 5 series and hits some decent numbers:

- 330km range
    - RWD with 302bhp and 407nm torque
    - 190kph (ok weak for Autobahn but perfect for everywhere else)
    - 0-60 in 5.9seconds

Its beautiful all the same, however i cant help but think the nose section could have been designed slightly better. Im not sure how though but feels slightly Chrysler Neon of old...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its absolutely stunning in the flesh, the above colour doesn't do it any justice.
    Saw 3 of them around San Francisco last October and its a real head turner.

They have also really shaken up the car selling experience with retail stores in the high-end malls around the west coast of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Fine then, the weird though cool (and $$) brown option: :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=6972&d=1340472931

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

What an impressive company. The Apple of the motoring world. Great tech, great cars. The sooner they trickledown nearer the mainstream the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Check out the vid of a Tesla S versus an Viper SRT10 in a drag race.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

120€ tax per year only, let's trade in these diesels! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Redisle wrote: »
    Saw a documentary about the mostly automated factory setup & about the car in general recently.

It's on youtube here. Very interesting watch.

It's an impressive machine to be fair! The dashboard has one giant touchscreen with very few buttons too. Wonder if those prices include Irish VRT & if they will make any in RHD (unlikely I'd say).

Great documentary.

They have plans to release a standard 20 grand fully electric car in 2 years that they believe will revolutionise the car markets.

Advertisement