Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat 131 Diesel

Options
  • 03-02-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Just to put an idea to rest lol Does anyone know of a 131 diesel in the country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

'Power bulge' and all :p:p

http://www.motorstown.com/32023-fiat-131-diesel.html

Never saw them here

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭500man

Thats the one have you got one for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

i had the misfortune of owning one years ago, a real tractor of a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They were certainly sold here. I was just thinking of the sound when you fire it up. You'd think you were in John Deere dealership. memories.

500man wrote: »
    Thats the one have you got one for me lol

Off you go to Naples !

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?id=220534371&cd=634953139100000000&asrc=st

• Advertisement

Would prefer the 2.5 super there must be one around in some shed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Capri wrote: »
    Surely must be worth 10k by the time you'd get it home.

Dont know if id go that far lol but would love to get my hands on an irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

A friend of mine bought one new for taxiing, sold it years later with 300k miles on it, he reckoned it was one of the best cars he ever had. Was still going strong four or five years after he sold it.

A friend of mine bought one new for taxiing, sold it years later with 300k miles on it, he reckoned it was one of the best cars he ever had. Was still going strong four or five years after he sold it.

I think if you take proper care of anything, even a Fiat, it'll last years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You could head down there with a 40ft. car transporter, the same dealer has a great selection of all sorts of crud. I can see the ads on Done Deal now, you'll be rich I tell ya, rich!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

There used to be loads of Super Mirafiori 2500s around Cork city as taxis, at one stage in the 1980s I remember a suggestion that the design should be purchased on licence from Fiat to assemble them in the old Ford plant here as taxis!

Do-more wrote: »
    You could head down there with a 40ft. car transporter, the same dealer has a great selection of all sorts of crud. I can see the ads on Done Deal now, you'll be rich I tell ya, rich!

http://www.autoscout24.eu/CustomerArticles.aspx?vis=1&state=A&page=1&cid=8586739&maxresults=30000&results=20&sort=price&aid=220534371

You may laugh up there in snow-land but I saw Arthor O'Daley getting on a Ryanair flight to Naples ( Tirana :p ) with a Ryanair approved moneybag :P:P

Next week's DD - 'RARE ITALIAN BARN FINDS' ......... :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Capri wrote: »
    http://www.autoscout24.eu/CustomerArticles.aspx?vis=1&state=A&page=1&cid=8586739&maxresults=30000&results=20&sort=price&aid=220534371

You may laugh up there in snow-land but I saw Arthor O'Daley getting on a Ryanair flight to Naples ( Tirana :p ) with a Ryanair approved moneybag :P:P

Next week's DD - 'RARE ITALIAN BARN FINDS' ......... :p:p:p

I reckon you'd look the part flying round Dublin in this: :D

0220534262001.jpg?2829d78bdd2ccdf9b522556593949117

And an immaculate yoke like this would surely be worth €12,000 all day long....in DoneDealLand.

0220534382001.jpg?9561d0818d554ed8d5c602d031e2b3c7

Apologies to the OP for the de-rail.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Talk about bringing back memories. A guy I worked for had one years ago. 2.5 diesel out of a daily van IIRC. Huge battery and two fuel filters. By jaybus she went like hell. Not exactly quick of the mark but I'd say if you gave it a long enough straight it would bust a land speed record :D

I remember the bonnet bulge too. His one had a slight hole in the exhaust and it actually made it sound kinda angry, sinister. Twin lamps and the fiat roundel in red on the grille. He replaced it with an Alfasud. Christ to have either of them now.

On a slightly different note, the same guy also used to own two Fiat 130 coupes (one for spares), cut the roof of an original scirroco to make a cabrio and, in one of his last moments of utter madness, welded two transits together (back to back) and drove it ... them... you know what i'm trying to say:p

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

god you've just reminded me of a great story , way back in 89' i was in ballyhaise agricultural college in cavan and a few of us used to stay up at the weekends because we couldn't be arsed thumbing home to sligo and surrounding areas ,

anyway Catriona mc Kiernan's ( the runner ) brother was in college with us and his old man had a very fresh fiat 132 diesel ,

2.5 with the big hump in the bonnet ,

it was a orangy fawn brown colour with a tan interior ,

we were only used to fiestas and the like and being 17 this thing was state of the art back then ,

well he used to live not far from the college so at the weekends he used to call around for a few of us and we would load up into the fiat and head for the carrick springs or the killmore hotel or some watering hole in cavan town ,

this night we hit the carrick springs and as usual drank it out mc kiernan included !!

anyway around kicking out time i had managed to pull some chick and i was heading out the door just as the boys were loading into the fiat for home ,

they shouted on me if i wanted a lift but i thought i was in with a chance and i told them to go ahead ,

needles to say i got blown out shortly after that and managed to thumb a lift from a few lads heading back into cavan ,

we rounded a bend up the road and here was the lovely fiat crumpled up on its roof about 50 yards up a muddy field ,

a few of the lads were thrown out of it but luckily they only had minor bruising and scratches ,

mc kiernan held onto her and he reckons she rolled three times before landing on its roof ,

all to avoid a wayward fox !!!!!!!!

i was very lucky not to have been in the back of it with them .

i think that was the end of his driving for a while and certainly the end of the big fiat .

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

fiat132_zpsf6323331.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

god you've just reminded me of a great story , way back in 89' i was in ballyhaise agricultural college in cavan and a few of us used to stay up at the weekends because we couldn't be arsed thumbing home to sligo and surrounding areas ,

anyway Catriona mc Kiernan's ( the runner ) brother was in college with us and his old man had a very fresh fiat 132 diesel ,

2.5 with the big hump in the bonnet ,

it was a orangy fawn brown colour with a tan interior ,

we were only used to fiestas and the like and being 17 this thing was state of the art back then ,

well he used to live not far from the college so at the weekends he used to call around for a few of us and we would load up into the fiat and head for the carrick springs or the killmore hotel or some watering hole in cavan town ,

this night we hit the carrick springs and as usual drank it out mc kiernan included !!

anyway around kicking out time i had managed to pull some chick and i was heading out the door just as the boys were loading into the fiat for home ,

they shouted on me if i wanted a lift but i thought i was in with a chance and i told them to go ahead ,

needles to say i got blown out shortly after that and managed to thumb a lift from a few lads heading back into cavan ,

we rounded a bend up the road and here was the lovely fiat crumpled up on its roof about 50 yards up a muddy field ,

a few of the lads were thrown out of it but luckily they only had minor bruising and scratches ,

mc kiernan held onto her and he reckons she rolled three times before landing on its roof ,

all to avoid a wayward fox !!!!!!!!

i was very lucky not to have been in the back of it with them .

i think that was the end of his driving for a while and certainly the end of the big fiat .

I dont think Fiat ever marketed a 132 Diesel in Ireland. It would be more likely to have been a 131.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

We had one about in 1984.. Belonged to the principal of the VEC at a stage.. It was a real animal. When you revved it it used to rock ! My father fitted a pushbutton to operate the heater plugs.. It was chronically slow and the smoke in the morning.... ;)

It was brown with tan interior.. An original Irish car with a Dublin reg as far as I can remember .... Where she went I'll never know ! I havent seen one for at least 25 years

Father traded it for a '78 sharknose BMW 520 .. LZP 520 was the reg ! Nice car that one

OP thanks a mill for bringing this subject up and if you get hold of one Pictures please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I have a sales brochure for one at home, collected from Western Motors, Way Back When - i.e. 1984 :)

Fiat%20131%202500%20diesel-L.jpg

FIAT%20Price%20List%201984%20page%201-L.jpg

FIAT%20Price%20List%201984%20page%202-L.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

here ya go!

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Bit of tlc and a polish up and it will be grand.....if the 131 hadnt rusted it would have been a great car.... i remember the superb gearchange and handling..... and Ford just couldnt match this one.....

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3726059 (from a VW enthusiasts website!!!)

Where in mayo is that car its a 132 with the 131 engine is it still there

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭rotorhead

What pat of the country are you in. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bsaarmybike

I have an irish reg 131 mirafiori 2500 saloon .westmeath reg met silver. 1979. .. bought it 5 yrs ago.locally.. heater button on dash and smokes like a fog on start up ! I must root it out of shed again..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bsaarmybike

By the way mine hasnt the big bulge on bonnet. The front has 4 round lamps and a mk 1 like front.mk2 windscreen back... if that makes sense. Ill try to post a picture in a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

fiat

fix it again tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Patrick Mc

I have an irish reg 131 mirafiori 2500 saloon .westmeath reg met silver. 1979. .. bought it 5 yrs ago.locally.. heater button on dash and smokes like a fog on start up ! I must root it out of shed again..

Fiat 131 diesel were not introduced into Ireland till April 1980 followed a few months later by the Supermirafiori 2.5 D The price of the Fiat 131 CL Diesel was IR£6,150 and the Fiat 131 Supermirafiori was IR£6,900 in January 1981

Advertisement