Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMERGENCY TAX PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 03-02-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

started work on december 8th and i am currently still working here.On december 8th i filled in my 12a form to stop getting emergency taxed but i didnt fill in any boxes of what tax claims i am entitled to?will i not be able to get my tax back as i am being emergency taxed.I am only 17 and i am still gettin emergency taxed....... i have recieved my tax certificate stating my tax credits.. how do i get my tax that i am owed back somebody please help and will i get my p60 as i was working on december 31st?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

if you have received your 2013 tax credit statement then you shouldn't be on emergency tax any more. You need to ask your employer if they have received their side of the tax certificate. Maybe they didn't receive it or maybe it was received too late for last pay run. You will get the 2012 P60 in next week or so. You can then sent it to revenue and ask for a balancing statement P21 to get refund of any excess tax paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JM123

if you have received your 2013 tax credit statement then you shouldn't be on emergency tax any more. You need to ask your employer if they have received their side of the tax certificate. Maybe they didn't receive it or maybe it was received too late for last pay run. You will get the 2012 P60 in next week or so. You can then sent it to revenue and ask for a balancing statement P21 to get refund of any excess tax paid.

Does a p21 statement only give you back your tax from last year I want my tax back from January too I got taxed 225

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

If you are still with the same company ; any overpayment of tax for Jan will be paid back to you bu your employer in their next payroll run as soon as they receive your Cert of Tax Credits & Cut Off point

Advertisement