Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Face mask + cleanser recommendations for dry skin, please!

Options
  • 03-02-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey,

I've been looking for a face mask to use on my skin maybe weekly, it tends to be dry from my foundation, but I'm mega pale and it's the only foundation that doesn't make me look seven shades of orange! Don't mind really if it's something you'd get in a supermarket -- although I've looked, and they only ever seem to have those one-time sachets, a chemist -- again, I've tried Boots and I don't know if I'm just having bad luck or what, but can't seem to see any when I'm in there, somewhere fancy, or online. I wouldn't want to go over E30 if it's a muliple application product, and free shipping would be super, but, like, if it works I won't quibble over a bit of p + p!

As well, I'd love if some of you clever people could give me recommendations in regards to a good cleanser, too? The ones I used have changed formulas, so they're a bit sh*te now, in all honestly.

Yours in flakiness ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

For a cleanser I would really recommend Liz Earle cleanse and polish.
    http://ie.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/cleanse-and-polish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html
    It wins a lot if awards, it's very gentle and leaves your skin bright and soft and so clean. There are so many reviews online for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have incredibly dry skin, not sensitive (just in case your skin is!) and I recently purchased No.7 Cleansing Balm - it's great for cleaning but not drying! There is also a gel cleanser in the same range that it also good, and TBH cleans the skin better than the balm but could leave you dry.

I can't recommend a masque because I'm not really into them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Try using oils for your skin, Almond, Jojoba are great for dryness,you could also cleanse with these using the oil cleanse method with a microfibre face cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

tan11ie wrote: »
    Try using oils for your skin, Almond, Jojoba are great for dryness,you could also cleanse with these using the oil cleanse method with a microfibre face cloth.
    Ren purity cleansing balm is great and comes with a muslim cloth

jadie wrote: »
    Also Dermalogica multivitamin mask is great for dry skin and you can leave it on overnight if you like too

• Advertisement

jadie wrote: »

Tee hee! :)

Candie wrote: »

Tee hee! :)
    Ha ha muslin of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Much prefer microfibre face cloths and oils....does the job and saves money in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

+1 for using oils for cleansing.

I also like the Sanctuary Moisture Boosting Mask Sachet. I usually transfer the sachet in a little container at home. It lasts me for ~4 applications. I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin though.

Advertisement