Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential 2pac documentary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

would personally love to see this being made, im surprised a major film production crew hasnt got behind an actual tupac movie yet. It could be the biggest hip hop film/documentary to date by all means, the amount of people pac's music has inspired is unreal.

have you donating anything? it would be class if you donated and the documentary became huge and you got your name in the credits!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I donated for the "do for love pack". Best pack imo, unless you want your name in the credits or want to see the premiers or want to be a director (get to see him edit, or be a co producer etc).

I imagine why some major studio has not done it is trouble in getting the rights, Afeni (or the foundation) owns most of the rights and is not in it for the money so would only do anything if it was done right.

il have a look tonight and see what i can do, how much is the do for love pack? im a bit suspicious when it comes to handing money over to fund things like this though.

ye good point on the production rights, i mean it was only recently people were bidding for the rights of pac's leftover music... who actually got them in the end?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sounds a bit dodgy. A guy with loads of footage, and can't edit? Surely if he was filming Pac, he would have had the means to edit at the time?

Anyone and their mom can edit together pre-recorded footage.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sounds a bit dodgy. A guy with loads of footage, and can't edit? Surely if he was filming Pac, he would have had the means to edit at the time?

Anyone and their mom can edit together pre-recorded footage.

He can edit, and is. You want him to just edit as he was going? That would be a terrible documentary.

He directed 2 of amerikaz most wanted and was a director for Tupac: Resurrection. His imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1431586/

Kickstarter is also legitimate.

There is nothing dodgy about this. If the project does not reach its goal you do not pay any money. You can only be charged for how much you choose as it is done through Amazon (or paypal, but amazon in this case).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Hmm interesting. Will probably purchase something from it. Though for $10,000 I'd expect his hologram to perform in my living room. No doubt he will reach his goal.
    im surprised a major film production crew hasnt got behind an actual tupac movie yet. It could be the biggest hip hop film/documentary to date by all means, the amount of people pac's music has inspired is unreal.

Wasn't Antoine Fuqua meant to be making a Pac movie? Last I heard he was looking for the right actor but that was ages ago!

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Hmm interesting. Will probably purchase something from it. Though for $10,000 I'd expect his hologram to perform in my living room. No doubt he will reach his goal.

Wasn't Antoine Fuqua meant to be making a Pac movie? Last I heard he was looking for the right actor but that was ages ago!

ye i heard lots of rumors after biggies movie that pac's would be next but we're still waiting, its a shame i reckon his story would be a great watch. I love biggies film tbh i taught it was class!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

If there's going to be a film based on him, hopefully its properly done and taken seriously, not just a blockbuster/hollywood type, i thought that biggie film was horrible.

TheBza wrote: »
    If there's going to be a film based on him, hopefully its properly done and taken seriously, not just a blockbuster/hollywood type, i thought that biggie film was horrible.

true... i didnt like biggies film the first time but it grew on me. I taught your man who played biggie done a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The amount of people who didn't listen to Biggie until they saw the film and then realised his music was actually brilliant, was great to see. Would like to see a film done well on Pac, I actually thought the lad who played him in Notorious did a good job, that was a very well cast movie.

Would love to see the documentary, but something doesn't seem quite right about needing a Kickstarter. Surely after the social media frenzy around the Hologram, studio execs know that the people want Pac and would be biting their hand off for unseen footage.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    studio execs know that the people want Pac and would be biting their hand off for unseen footage.

He personally knew 2pac, I doubt he wants a big film studio behind it. I doubt Afeni does either.

Personally it will be better imo.

He personally knew 2pac, I doubt he wants a big film studio behind it. I doubt Afeni does either.

Personally it will be better imo.

Didn't know that. Yeah I could get behind a raw indie documentary.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Yeah I could get behind a raw indie documentary.

It will be good (if it reaches the goal, which is not hugely likely), he has a fair bit of experience and good footage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He can edit, and is. You want him to just edit as he was going? That would be a terrible documentary.

He directed 2 of amerikaz most wanted and was a director for Tupac: Resurrection. His imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1431586/

Kickstarter is also legitimate.

There is nothing dodgy about this. If the project does not reach its goal you do not pay any money. You can only be charged for how much you choose as it is done through Amazon (or paypal, but amazon in this case).

A quote from the kickstarter manifesto:
    The majority of the 7 Dayz footage is already shot and simply waiting for editing.

This guy has lots of footage and interviews, soundbites, etc that he has the ownership of. My understanding is that he wants to edit all this into a documentary. He also says the filming is not complete so I gather he wants to get a few interviews together. He has been sitting on this footage for many years now so he should have been able to do somethign with it in those years.

Interviews dont really cost much, perhaps some travel expences.
    Editing what he has shouldnt cost anything if he is able to do it himself.

So i'm guessing the funding is for travel expenses and to possibly upgrade equipment to remaster the footage he has.
    It will probably be also used in the legal battle with the Shakur estate. Not sure if Death Row will require compensation as well, they have eveolved alot since then, but may want to pocket some coin from this.

This is not a movie about 2Pac, its a documentary compiled of footage before his death. There is no hollywood about it, and will be nothing like 'Notorious'.

I would personally love too see a Hollywood like film for tupac though , I reckon it would be a great watch.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He has been sitting on this footage for many years now so he should have been able to do somethign with it in those years.

Interviews dont really cost much, perhaps some travel expences.
    Editing what he has shouldnt cost anything if he is able to do it himself.

So i'm guessing the funding is for travel expenses and to possibly upgrade equipment to remaster the footage he has.
    It will probably be also used in the legal battle with the Shakur estate. Not sure if Death Row will require compensation as well, they have eveolved alot since then, but may want to pocket some coin from this.

This is not a movie about 2Pac, its a documentary compiled of footage before his death. There is no hollywood about it, and will be nothing like 'Notorious'.

Well yes, I imagine he has been "sitting" on a lot of this footage especially of some of the people who have been dead for 10+ years.

Things cost money, even in the days of cheap software and the web.

It is definitely a documentary, and I am glad of that. Although I would also pay to see a movie proper too.

a bit of footage from the docu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

THIS HAS TO BE MADE!

MOAR

"2013 Hall of Fame Inductee Chuck D has agreed to Narrate 7Dayz."

• Advertisement
Advertisement