Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify

Options
  • 02-02-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

Anyone else on this here? I recently started using it on my laptop and phone and i have to say its pretty decent. Great way to find a few new gems or just listen to all the old classics, share music with friends by syncing up with your mates on facebook etc...

fairly impressive hip hop selection on it, i came across the likes of this today, nice song.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

Yep, it's great.

Really nice and easy put together playlists consisting of any type of music or prominent instrument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye it really is good in fairness. Im thinking of subscribing for it to use on my phone out and about etc, i think its worth the few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Havnt checked it out yet, but give Atmosphere - Overcast! a listen if its on it, classic album!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can someone help me?

I downloaded spotify last week. Looked up about 8 songs, could only find 3. Decided to delete it cause it didnt seem to have the music l was looking for but one of my friends can get the songs, that l couldn't get!

Why?! I regret deleting it now, is there anyway l can get it again??

I'm so crap with this kind of stuff :S

Can you not just go to the spotify site and re-download?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just download and install again. Not sure why it couldnt find the tracks you where looking for, could be any number of reasons really.

I personally do not like spotify. I like the concept, i like being able to pick tracks and get recommends etc.
    But from a computer nerd point of view, it is waaaay to invasive on your machine. It always wants to be running and scanning your machine.

Even after l deleted it,its keeps asking to log in! really annoying

Even after l deleted it,its keeps asking to log in! really annoying

Did you uninstall properly? As in go into your add and remove programs in the control panel?

You might of just deleted the shortcut to it on your desktop.

ya l think l only deleted the shortcut one, thanks l'll try that

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ya l think l only deleted the shortcut one, thanks l'll try that

For a cleaner approach, you should run the installer again as it will have an un-install option. Or there may be an uninstaller package/application included already that should be run.
    Removing from Add/Remove Programs/Software does not always remove all traces of the software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I upgraded to Premium a few weeks ago. There was a deal going and it was free. Having no ads is great but the radio is fantastic. Just choose a 'station', press play and you don't know what will pop up.

It's going to run out in a few days, but I'm thinking of paying the £10 a month.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    For a cleaner approach, you should run the installer again as it will have an un-install option. Or there may be an uninstaller package/application included already that should be run.
    Removing from Add/Remove Programs/Software does not always remove all traces of the software.
    But more than likely when you do go to the add/remove programs it activates the software's uninstaller and will go through the program itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I upgraded to Premium a few weeks ago. There was a deal going and it was free. Having no ads is great but the radio is fantastic. Just choose a 'station', press play and you don't know what will pop up.

It's going to run out in a few days, but I'm thinking of paying the £10 a month.

I think it's €5 per month if you're using it on a computer and €10 if you want it for other devices. The €5 one is fantastic value.

I think it's €5 per month if you're using it on a computer and €10 if you want it for other devices. The €5 one is fantastic value.

Brilliant. I didn't realise that you could do that. I'm going to get the Unlimited package when this one expires. £5 a month is nothing for the amount of music on there and, most importantly, being able to listen to songs without those ****ing ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

How does spotify compare with Netflix (selection wise)? ( becuase netflix is pretty bad imo)

Also is the free limited in the selection and listening time?

How does spotify compare with Netflix (selection wise)? ( becuase netflix is pretty bad imo)

I've no idea about the Netflix question.
    When you create your Spotify account, for the first six months, you will have unlimited streaming with Spotify Free. After these first six months a playing time limit applies.

http://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/

I think there might be a limit on the amount of times you play a certain song. I played one song a lot of times and was banned from playing it again.

You can try out Premium for one month for free. It's worth it. Make sure you cancel it though or else you could get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Cheers, might aswel anyway.

Then go to free and see if I hit the limitations.

1 million times better than netflix uk anyway the amercian one is fairly decent to be fair.

iv got the premium package its handy when im on the phone and have a 3g connection , i can access all my playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

1 million times better than netflix uk anyway the amercian one is fairly decent to be fair.

iv got the premium package its handy when im on the phone and have a 3g connection , i can access all my playlists.

You cna also download the playlists for offline use. i basiclaly installed the spotify app on my ipod touch, and synce and downloaded 20-30 playlists all for offline use while i was away in the philippines for a month.

You cna also download the playlists for offline use. i basiclaly installed the spotify app on my ipod touch, and synce and downloaded 20-30 playlists all for offline use while i was away in the philippines for a month.

believe it or not i just figured that out the other day :o... very nice touch because in my gym its like a basement and i dont get 3g so i was kind of thinking f*ck what was the point in paying for the premium. Great feature, you pretty much have a massive selection of music at your fingertips and combined with your itunes its just too good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement